Whiteline works kit coming today, any tips?

M

minimivic

Got my Works kit coming today along with the bumpsteer kit from powerstation.

Is there anything i need to look out for and any tips that might help.

Cheers

M

minimivic

Yeh was told that by powerstation.

Will it really be that far out? I intend to get it to them for a rolling road and suspension setup in the next couple of weeks, but they are 2 hours away from me.

Will a normal garage be able to get it somewhere handy in the mean time.

A

AZ STE

Are you doing it yourself getting the back bushes off the wishbones to fit the anti lift kit was a nightmare when I did it. Rest of the kit was ok however you need to get both wheels off the ground to fit rear anti roll bar :wink:

JU5TY

Is the Whiteline works kit the full kit, as in everything they do for the R?
What exactly does it include?

How much is it?

Thanks... :D

S

Sirnixalot

I pretty much have te works kit without the Koni's and then some.

With the Konis you will have to cut, basically the top off yourstandard struts (from the spring perch) and insert the koni struts...hence why they are know as inserts :wink:

As AZ STE said...the control arm bushes will be a pain. Best thing i found to work was my uncles hydraulic press. But you can do it with a vise, large screw driver and hammer, basically find something to secure the bush and pound the control arm out.....doing it the other way is HELL.

If you are doing the rear trailing arm bush kit....you WILL need a hydraulic press. Do not melt the old bushes out as this wil lcause the metal to anneal and fatigue. Also ...you will need two 22mm spanners/wrenches. If you dont work out oyu havent got a chance at cracking these. You may need a very large friend to do these...i know i did. And no an impact wrench wont fit :cry:. The easiest bush to do is the one on the hubs....juts make sure te hub is secure (have a disposable person hold it in case you miss :wink:) and take that big ass screw driver out and beat it out. If that doesnt work take a LARGE socket.....one that is larger in diameter than the bush, a long bolt with a wide washer and nut, then another socket that is the same or a little thinner in diameter than the bush. Put a socket at each end, thread the bolt through with the head on the smaller socket and put te washer and nut on the back of the large socket....tighten and the bush will be pressed out of the hub and into the socket....hopefully you didnt end up with the bush stuck in the socket.....thats when i got out the propane torch :twisted:

The rear sway bar...set it in the middle first then see how you like the extra oversteer.....the full hard setting is for nutters (like Kev :shock:)

For the love of your bodily extremities get a spring compressor for the lowering springs

Bean should also chime in on how lovely it was to fit the koni's :lol:

Leave yourself 2days to get this done and have another car if you need to take bits to get pressed.

A

AZ STE

Quote Nix

thats when i got out the propane torch :twisted:

Me too :twisted:

B

bean

Sirnixalot said:
I Bean should also chime in on how lovely it was to fit the koni's :lol:

Leave yourself 2days to get this done and have another car if you need to take bits to get pressed.
I fitted Koni shocks and Whiteline springs to my R a couple of months back, it's a fairly simple but time consuming job.

You'll need to make sure you've got a decent set of spring compressors to hand, socket set, hacksaw and a large drill piece (16mm I think but don't quote me on that, it says in the fitting instructions anyway).

Rough procedure is:

Remove all struts in one piece, strip down and remove springs using compressor.

Cut tops of old shocks just below the weld of the crown and remove insides (throw in bin).

Drill holes in bottom of strut and slide Koni inserts inside, bolt in through the hole you drilled undeneath.

Fit new Whiteline springs onto shocks using compressors then fit complete struts back onto car.

PM, email me if you want any more information.

I spoke to Nick at Power station and he recommended setting the stiffness at 180 degrees of the hardest setting.