Whiteline Rear Subframe Lock Kit

• Thread starter Funkmaster_stan
  • Start date
F

Funkmaster_stan

Hi there...Anyone here has the above installed on their iR...Wanted to know the best configuration and expected results from the different angles :idea:
For those who don't know what the product is: This kit is designed to lock and or change the inclination of the rear sub-frame while removing bush compliance in Nissan Pulsar. The kit contains 4 small (2 with cut line) and 2 large engineering grade low compliance polyurethane rings.
The rings are used to preload the sub frame mounts removing the excessive compliance.

Cheers

1000ny

yo.. i`d tell ya if i knew what it is :oops:

loads of the guys on here use whiteline so do a search and you should find something :D

00sid

alright mate, ive set mine up for all round performance. it does make the back end slide nicely, ( maybe its just my driving :D ) dont know about the other settings as i have never tryed them.

youngsyp

How difficult is this to fit ? Is it a trolley jack on the driveway job or best done by someone with a lift ?

00sid

yeah, easy mate 8) just make sure u put the trolly jack on your diff and chock up your frount wheels. the bolts can be real tight so use some WD or penatrating oil and a long bar on your ratchet. make sure you done them up tight after.

Jon Olds

Spare unused kit available

Anybody about to do this upgrade, I have an unused kit for sale at 25% less than I paid for it.
pm me,
Regards,
Jon

nismoboy

00sid said:
alright mate, ive set mine up for all round performance. it does make the back end slide nicely, ( maybe its just my driving :D ) dont know about the other settings as i have never tryed them.
whats the point in fitting these if it makes the arse end come out? i thought the genral idea was to make the car handle better? not mess it up.

00sid

yeah thats the point, i find it better to drive with oversteer then understeer, if the car starts to understeer if the back end is nice and stiff you can get out of understeer by putting your foot down and getting the back out.

Nad

In the real world I think a dab of understeer is best first to then push thru to oversteer, rather than having oversteer just suddenly upon u.

geetee

In the real world I think a dab of understeer is best first to then push thru to oversteer, rather than having oversteer just suddenly upon u.
Quite agree. For most "real world" drivers a bit of understeer or front end wash out is easier to control than seeing their rear wheels come past through the side window :lol:

Especially with a short wheelbase like the R where any oversteer will probably see the unwary spinning off the road into a tree or something.

Personally I'd rather have neither and have a perfectly balanced car that you can 4 wheel drift through corners, the fastest and safest way to go to the limit of traction. Unfortunately, I don't think there is car like that in my budget :?

Just my 2p

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Nad

geetee said:
Personally I'd rather have neither and have a perfectly balanced car that you can 4 wheel drift through corners, the fastest and safest way to go to the limit of traction. Unfortunately, I don't think there is car like that in my budget :?

Just my 2p

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
TBH u wont find many cars like that. Most performance top end motors will had a dab of understeer first, then oversteer as stated above. The understeer is minute but just lets u know that push harder and the back is coming out, this I think is the best option, like a small warning buzzer.