Whiteline prices

K

KrissJ

I've been on the phone to Hiteq & they've quoted me the following (including vat):

Whiteline handling kit, springs, Nismo std replacement shocks & fitting= £1269

Whiteline handling kit, springs, KYB adjustable shocks & fitting= £1451

Just wondering if everyone thought this was worth it as I've heard that the works kit (which includes Koni adjustables & springs) is about £1250 fully fitted at Powerstation. I was thinking of going for the KYBs if I went to Hiteq (its A LOT closer to me) but its like £200 more than Powerstation, so, are the KYBs worth the extra money cos they'll leave me skint but I wanna do it right 1st time.

Cheers :D

A

Anonymous

Defo worth it mate :wink: :D ,i've got the full monty from Powerstation,it's the nuts and worth every penny 8) :D .Totaly transforms the car,makes it stick like sh1t to a blanket :!: :twisted: .
Pete 8)

A

Anonymous

Can you give me some info ripple on what your kit conists of?
Did you haver all bushes changed?

K

KrissJ

Yeah, I'm definately gonna get the kit in the new year, especially after all the good reports I've heard. The extra cost thing is because its gonna cost about £200 more at Hiteq but its a lot closer and they use different shocks (KYB adjustables at Hiteq as apposed to Konis at Powerstation). I was just wondering whether people thought the KYBs were worth the extra cash?

As far as I know, I think the handling kit comes with: Rear anti-roll bar, poly bushed, anti-lift kit, anti-dive kit, adjustable camber kit (hopefully I haven't forgotten owt). In the works kit you get all that and shocks & springs as well. So it basically sorts everything possible apart from a bumpsteer kit and strut braces, but I'll be getting the bumpsteer at some point and I've just ordered whiteline front & rear strut brages today (along with Hi Spec 300mm 4pot conversion kit as well) :D

A

Anonymous

Are the whiteline bushes the same as the powerflex bushes that rc sell.I was told they were the same but rebranded for whiteline.Can anybody shed anylight on this?

Also arent the standard gtir shocks kyb,s ?Are they adjustable in dampness or height or both?I know that the nismos are kybs as my brother has them on his car.Im confused now.

ashills

no the bushes i sell are the same as whiteline (well they are made in teh same factory and are identical as far as i can see)
powerflex are made by the guys at power engineering if im correct and dont offer as many bushes

K

KrissJ

:? Bloody hell, you're confused, so am I! :?

Hiteq said that the Nismos were a non-adjustable, standard replacement so I assumed that meant that they would just be slightly uprated. The KYBs would have just adjustable damping as if they had height adjustment as well they'd need intergrated springs as well making them coilovers (wouldn't it?). The KYBs were their best option unless I went for coilovers so I'd expect they'd be substantially better than the standard shocks.