whiteline anti roll bars?

davey red.r

right i will be getting front and rear whiteline anti roll bars in a few weeks,
thing is i know that the rear is around the £85 mark,
theres the front and rear, brand new on ebay for £255:shock:
and no poly bushes:cry: has anyone bought recently the front? or know what i should be paying for the front roll bar? seems a bit steep to me £255 for the two.

thanks.
davey;-)

Last edited:

KF79GTIR

I wouldnt waste my monies on the front one tbh Davey just get some poly bushes as for the rear i think i paid £85 for mine and about £30 for some new drop link arms with poly bushes.
Kev.

KF79GTIR

Speak to pulsarbobby as it was him who said about not getting the front arb to me i will send you the link to the site where i got my drop links from when i get home from work in the morn.
Kev.

davey red.r

ive got my drop links kev /stabilsers from a company jap import direct, they were 20 mins down the road from me. just obviously waiting till i get the roll bars so i can get them all put on together.

regards

davey;-)

youngsyp

KF79GTIR said:
I wouldnt waste my monies on the front one tbh Davey just get some poly bushes as for the rear i think i paid £85 for mine and about £30 for some new drop link arms with poly bushes.
Kev.
Where did you get the rear ARB from mate ? And is it the adjustable one ?

Paul

Animaldaz

£85 is cheap, think you'll pay that for a non adjustable one now tbh. Whiteline parts have gone up quite a bit in the last few years, the anti dive kit used to be about £60 there nearly £100 now. Although it is common for parts like these to get more expensive as the car gets older/rarer.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
davey red.r said:
cheers kev, does anyone else echo kevs comments?

davey
Me, paint your standard one silver and save yourself £170 :shock: It will have the same effect. In my opinion as an overall package it makes things worse.

Whilst I'm on my soap box, that pro-dive (Anti lift as Whiteline call it) isn't worth £100 either.

Save your money or put it towards something more effective.

Incidentally, the adjustable rear ARB for £85 is worth its weight in gold in terms of effectivness. The OE rear ARB is rubbish, the non-adjustable whiteline ARB is good enough for most people.

Animaldaz

campbellju said:
Whilst I'm on my soap box, that pro-dive (Anti lift as Whiteline call it) isn't worth £100 either.

Save your money or put it towards something more effective.
What would you recommend owners with oe type strut suspension (ie without the clearance you get from coilovers) do to gain some caster?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38371

I would move the rear ARB up before the dampers and ride height. Camber adjustment you can do for free on any car with my rough camber mod so that would move up and be combined with alignment.

before you get on to tweaky things like bushes and braces, do your dampers first. That with some midly lower springs , good tyres and you are 80% there.

For good tyres read goodyear.

With a camber mod, properly setup tyre pressures, dampers and rear arb you can tweak out most handling ills. For the next level after that go to coilovers but they are more complex and can easily mess things up. If you go to coilovers do my castor mod.

After that replace all your bushes and consider the rose jointed rod ends (aka bump steer kit)

Nothing complicated really.

davey red.r

no i havnt bought it:sad: no like shafting in the rear department:lol:
rally nuts is where im buying from this week.
cheers.
davey;-)

S

str_motorsport

try demon tweeks, they used to have very good prices when i bought mine...