White smoke

deejay391

Hi guys

I have a bit of a smoke issue, its white, it happens mainly after I've started it up and left it to warm up after 5 minutes or so and after I've accelerated (not into boost) just normal driving and come off the throttle... and once it starts smoking it continues to smoke after i get back on the throttle but then goes...

Its not using any water or oil...

Its quite noticable sometimes making the following car make signals at me, its quite annoying...

Anyone have any ideas?

gtirjaymz

Is it definately just white smoke, or is there any sign of a mixed white/blue smoke??

If white smoke, it'll be blown head gasket, or if its white/blue smoke, most likely to be blown turbo.

Try searching the Problem Solving area of the forums for 'white smoke' and you'll find lots of info! ;-) :search:

red reading

moisture in the exhaust most probabley (so long as nothing else is leaking on to the exhaust) ,if it's not useing oil or water stop worrying

John

moisture in the exhaust most probabley (so long as nothing else is leaking on to the exhaust) ,if it's not useing oil or water stop worrying
99% sure its moisture in the exhaust. Its funny how as winter draws closer all the white smoke threads start re-appearing eh :doh:

I

iomegalinux

sorry for making this thread alive, i've never heard of moisture in the exhaust.
mine do the exact same thing. i even change the headgasket last year because of this, and it's doing it again....
somethings to do for curing this smoke of i have just to ignore it ?

thank you

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah... let the exhaust heat up and evaporate all the water that has condensed in the cold metal pipework. - Mine fogs the rear window for the first 5 minutes of a drive in cold weather, but after that it's all warmed-up.