Which side of the block should face the numbers on conrods?

Jobi Joba

I have to put back my conrods in my block and I dunno which side of the block should face the numbers "printed" on the conrods...

Can someone help?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
According to the manual, the cylinder numbers on the rod should be facing you, with the pulley (front) end of the engine to the left. Front mark on piston facing the front end of the engine too. Hope that makes sense.

sypher

just so i'm sure coz i need that info too....... so looking at engine and counting cyl' L to R = 1 2 3 4, the markings should be on the left of the rod........... is this right??????????

P

paulrandy

Easy way, if the rods are still on the pistons there's a cut out on the piston skirt, line this up with the oil squirters at the bottom of the liners. If they're not on the pistons already and they're std rods there's an oiler on the side of the rod about halfway up which faces the oil squirters in the bores too....if any of that makes sense!

Jobi Joba

Fast Guy said:
According to the manual, the cylinder numbers on the rod should be facing you, with the pulley (front) end of the engine to the left. Front mark on piston facing the front end of the engine too. Hope that makes sense.
so cylinders numbers on the rods facing the front of the car.

Thx mates!!