wheel seized

BMCC

I've been trying to look at the brakes on my R. The front drivers side wheel was a bit of a git to get off but eventually came off the hub and its now coppaslipped to the max. The front passengers side just won't come off it's completely seized on. I booted the tire till I'm limping, hit it with a rubber mallet etc but no joy. I put the car on the the ground hoping the weight of the car would move it but still nothing.

Any ideas how I'm going to get the wheel off?

BMCC

Gaz88

Soak it with WD40 and leave it over night?? Then try to pry it off with a pry bar as slunch said.

red reading

Pour boiling water over the centre of the alloy as well and put a bit 0f 4x2 soft wood on the back of the rim with the car jacked up and twat with a large hammer.

vss irvine

Do not put a pry bar on the disc. You need a nylon hammer not rubber.

Worse case run it down to me and ill take it off for you.

bracpan

I have had this with a Toyota 4x4 and those wheels were massive....as Danny said protect the wheel and hit it on the tyre/wood if you can I used a massive 5ft long solid steel bar and even they I was swinging it like a mad man.. ...I did see one bloke recomend slacking the wheel nuts off a little bit at a time and gently driving it a few yards but thats a but risky..

BMCC

Cheers for the advice, I've tried the wood and hitting it on the tire but maybe I was tickling it! I had a 40 mile drive home as I was at my parents house using their garage to service the car, didn't fancy driving home on the get me home tire...........

I'll try whacking it again when it stops raining as the car is now on my drive.

@VSS Irvine- Cheers If I can't get the wheel off I might just do that.

BMCC

beau

lump of wood on rear of wheel, large hammer, tap, move wheel round a bit, and do it again, and continue til it comes off, normally only takes 5 wacks or so