wheel bearing

W

WoOsH

well I have a loud droning which increases with vehicle speed and gets worse when turning slight corners at speed. Front ps tyre is worn on the inner edge I have had the tracking checked and thats fine so am assuming thats the wheel bearing thats worn. My question is should I get a pattern bearing from a motor factors? if so is it the same as the GTI or primera? or should I go to Nissan and get an original? if so what is the part number(I can probably use the search button for this)?

Dooie Pop Pop

jack car up, grab the wheel top and bottom and push/pull to see if there' s any play.

it there' s play from side to side thats probably the trackrod end, top and bottom is wheel bearing iirc.

awaits a flaming........

P

pulsarboby

yep thats your wheel bearing, as stu said! jack it up and check for play,but more importantly spin the wheel and listen for rumbling noise as they dont always have play in them sometimes there all tight but the bearing goes graunchy.
if it rumbles more on left hand bend then it will be the right hand side bearing, as thats the one under load, and visa versa for the other side.

W

WoOsH

I'll just get two new bearing and do both fronts. Whats the best way to do it? remove the whole hub or do they just knock out?