Whats the Best Forged Rod to use?

R

robinsongtir

Carillo,Crower or Pauter take your pick availabel from the States

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Or if you have more money then sence there is always Pankl rods...

C

clive760

rods

robinsongtir said:
Carillo,Crower or Pauter take your pick availabel from the States
u can run EAGLErods with little mods 2 them ,they use these rods alot in aussy land & there alot cheaper 8) :D

O

Odin

then there's allways the Par rods don't forget :shock: :lol: .

if your felling lucky that is :wink:

rob

Nad

Tomei ones for the SR20DET take 800bhp at last testing. Proven rather than speculated.

jap-jet

Nad said:
Tomei ones for the SR20DET take 800bhp at last testing. Proven rather than speculated.
I like these rods but are the the 19mm bearing type?
Also do carillo and crower make one to suit the R properly?

EAGLE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stop making me laugh, My engine is being built to run about 6-700hp not 4-500 like most.

R

robinsongtir

yes Crower and Carillo both Make GTI-R specific Rods what specs is the engine gonna be for 6-700bhp still 2 litre what turbo and cams?

jap-jet

Yes still 2 litre, atm moment im running a t-67 but am looking to upgrade to a HKS T51R KAI or Trust T78 and the cams i have are Tomei 270 degree ones.
Any idea where i can get hold of either of these Rods ie. companies that sell them and Part numbers for them??

O

Odin

jap-jet said:
Yes still 2 litre, atm moment im running a t-67 but am looking to upgrade to a HKS T51R KAI or Trust T78 and the cams i have are Tomei 270 degree ones.
Any idea where i can get hold of either of these Rods ie. companies that sell them and Part numbers for them??

I thought you being a convict (oops sorry I meant an aus) you'ed be getting the Par rods or do you have as much trouble as us getting there 5 H I T to fit :roll: :evil: .

rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
vpulsar said:
I thought you being a convict (oops sorry I meant an aus) you'ed be getting the Par rods or do you have as much trouble as us getting there 5 H I T to fit :roll: :evil: .
rob
Well said :lol:

M

MarkMc

Ive got eagle rods and they seem fine with the GT3040. The tuner seemed confident a bigger turbo would not be any trouble. Note I could have got any rods I wanted at the time of the engine rebuild, but these were the ones that were recommended. Car probaly makes just over 400 hp at the moment.

Cheers :)

Mark

C

clive760

rods

MarkMc said:
Ive got eagle rods and they seem fine with the GT3040. The tuner seemed confident a bigger turbo would not be any trouble. Note I could have got any rods I wanted at the time of the engine rebuild, but these were the ones that were recommended. Car probaly makes just over 400 hp at the moment.

Cheers :)

Mark
eaglr rods r good 4 about 600bhp but theres no prof as with all rods just cause they say there good 4 big break doesnt mean they will last& they very rearly get taken 2 the power there good 4

jap-jet

vpulsar said:
jap-jet said:

rob

PAR????
Y would ui use PAR when ARGO which all the V8 supercars in australia use are available at the same price...
Adam

DavidGTiR

jap-jet said:
vpulsar said:
jap-jet said:

rob

PAR????
Y would ui use PAR when ARGO which all the V8 supercars in australia use are available at the same price...
Adam
I take it even in Australia you don`t like PAR then ?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
What boost are you running on that GT3040R...? I was looking to run one at 2.2bar for around 600bhp...

Rishi

jap-jet

does anyone know if tomei do a rod specific for the gtir?
What need to be done to use jun or crower ones? ie. any crank mods?