Whats it worth (For insurance purposes)

MarkTurbo

Just had my insurance renewal through and the way prices are going now I think I definatly need to up the agreed value on my car so just trying to get some opinions on what it's worth now.

It's a white Uk spec Sunny Gti-r so pretty rare now (I think there were only 10 in white?)

Forged engine with liners, 89mm pistons and Tomei stroker crank so pretty much 2.3L

Blitz air filter, Z32 maf, 700cc injectors, Nistune.

Front mount intercooler, oil cooler and mongoose exhaust. Did have a GT3071 on it but it was a big pile of poo and fell to pieces :tearsofjoy: so will have a twinscroll Borg Warner EFR, new tubular manifold and twin external wastegates soon *

*I've been saying soon for a while now but will hopefully have the turbo in the next few months so I'll include it in the value!

Lowered 40mm on Koni adjustable dampers, Ap racing 4 pot calipers with 330mm discs, bigger rear disc conversion with standard calipers. 16" Compomotive alloys with Toyo R888's, I've also got 2 other sets of wheels 1 with road tyres and 1 with a set of tarmac rally tyres.

Sparco carbon bucket seats, fibre glass bonnet, Innovate wideband gauge, stack boost gauge and probably loads of other little bits I've forgotten!

I was thinking it has to be in the 15k area looking at what other cars have been for sale at lately?

MarkTurbo

hey mate
for real u sell this beauty ??
has so many parts on it
load some pics man
Most of my pictures were on photobucket so won't work now but I'll see if I can find one o my phone.

Not planning on selling it anytime soon :wink:

Just had a revised quote from my insurance company (I only had it insured for around 7k so pretty much doubled the value!) and it's only £16 a year extra.

Good service again from https://www.paceward.com :cool:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Most of my pictures were on photobucket so won't work now but I'll see if I can find one o my phone.

Not planning on selling it anytime soon :wink:

Just had a revised quote from my insurance company (I only had it insured for around 7k so pretty much doubled the value!) and it's only £16 a year extra.

Good service again from https://www.paceward.com :cool:
What's your annual premium (if you don't mind me asking)?

MarkTurbo

Insurance renewal time has come round again and thinking about whether I need to up the value of the car again this year, what does everyone reckon?

Same spec as above but with Intrax 4 way dampers added to the list.

MarkTurbo

I was thinking the way they are going up now it must be worth at least 20k?

Anything running and in decent condition seems to be 14/15k + these days. I've just been looking at cars tonight and seen that Bob has put his white Sunny Gti-r on ebay for 13.5k.

stugtir300

The white sunny has done some miles,just shy of 150000.other than that it's worth the asking price,I will have to increase the value of mine come insurance time.