what uprated clutch to get??

GTIRdan

hi guys, i have recently done the 1bar close loop mod bypassing the boost control unit and had an uprated fuel pump on my gtir and since that my clutch has started slipping, not good! so does anyone know what is a good clutch upgrade that isnt too aggressive as i use the car as a daily driver and dont want a really heavy pedal but need higher performance.

GTIRdan

i have been warned that the pedal box is quite weak on the R's will fitting this clutch cause any probs?

P

pulsarboby

i have been warned that the pedal box is quite weak on the R's will fitting this clutch cause any probs?

you run that risk with any uprated clutch tbh, but then the point in fitting an uprated clutch is to stop clutch slip so to stop that you need a greater clamping pressure from pressure plate and uprated organic driveplate.

helix are very good and not to heavy, steer clear of rps though as that will definately split the pedalbox or bulkhead as well as giving you a left leg like arnies lol.

if the pedal box breaks then youll just need to strenghen it, its all part and parcel of modding to enable you to run higher power and torque:-D

GTIRdan

thanks for the replys guys, i did speak with you about the os giken you got last week i think but thinking bout it, it would be a bit overkill for what im running. it looks like the helix is the one for me anyway so thanks everyone, oh bob have you any osf door cards in yet?

P

pulsarboby

yes think i have one now as i picked a car up in the week!
give me a bell on monday and il check it over for you but think its a goodun!
and your right the os giken units would have been overkill for the power you were running, but theyve all sold now anyways.
you wont go far wrong with either helix or an ap clutch, both are very good and wont let you down.