What Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonny H

I dont know whether u guys would know, but no harm in asking.... Im having probs with my n14 1.4 Sunny. in the last week my car has felt very sluggish, more than normal and i noticed that my oil pressure had dropped from the normal 5 down to 4 on the gauge. checked for leaks, oil filter and oil level, all seem fine :? im going to change the oil to see if that helps but i was wondering if i can use a better oil..... any suggestions?
:roll:

A

AJ4

Best thing to do if your not sure is just use the oil grade recommended by the manufacturer. It sounds like your oil is getting a bit tired, so a change is probably all it needs. Theres a big debate on what is a good oil for every engine under the sun, the safest best, especially if it is a standard car is to use the recommended one. After all, the motor company has probably spent millions developing and testing their engines, they should know what oil it uses :) Is a bit different for modified cars, as your running outside of the original spec of the engine, usually at different temperature ranges etc.

The only other suggestion I'd make is to use big brand names. Don't buy cheap unknown stuff from the little car shop on the corner, its usually a false economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.