What brakes fit what wheels?

Trondelond

I noticed there are frequent questions about what brakes fit what wheels, so I'm proposing a sticky where information regarding brakes and wheels.

I can subscribe to the post and update when I users add their findings. I'm suggesting that we order this by brake kit, wheel size and and make/model. This should take SOME of the guesswork out of brake fitting. So if the users submit what brakes they have along with wheel size (diameter and width) along with offset, we should be able to build a nice little table.

I'll link to the post where the users place their info

I'll add my brakes as an example. And if there is interest regarding this thread, it would be nice if I was able to use HTML here, so that I can make a table.

AP Racing 295/25mm CP5100 4-pot caliper
15x6.5" - Volk TE37 - ET35 - Fits with minimum 6mm spacer.
16x7" - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - ET35

15x6.5" - Volk NR-S - ET39 - Does NOT fit.
16x7" - Rota Grid - ET40 - Does NOT fit.

AP Racing 315/28mm CP5200 4-pot CaliperEndless 296/24mm "normal sized" 4-pot (Evo IV Front Rotor)Wilwood 276/24mm Dynalite Caliper

Last edited:

Trondelond

Example post :

15x6.5" TE 37 ET35 fits the 295mm (25mm wide discs) ap racing 4-pot kit. with a minimum of a 6mm spacer. Clearance to the rim is about 4-5mm with the spacer installed.

Additional info - the 16x7" Rota grid ET40 wheel is even worse to fit, I'm guessing at least 10mm of spacing is required.

Also tried a 15" OZ GT wheel, and it wouldn't even clear the calipers.

Notice that I've linked this post in the table in the first post. :)

Last edited:

cmng

I have the spec but no pic since forget to take pic. sold off the 15" LMGT4 rim

Endles 4 pot with 296 x 24mm ( Evo 4 Front Rotor )
On 15 x 6.5 Offset 35 Nismo LM GT4

cmng

oh yea.. endless 4 pot have 2 version
one is BIG 4 Pot and another is normal 4 pot
mine is normal 4 pot

You can include this as well

Outlaw 2000@Wilwood Dynalite Caliper if i not mistaken
on 276 x 24 mm Rotor ( Mitsu Evo 3 Rotor )

Clear Nismo LM GT4 15 x 6.5 offset 35

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
315x28mm + AP5200 calipers fit Volk TE37 7x16 offset 35. No spacer, just clears the stick on balance weight.

Trondelond

Since noone else can be bothered, I've tested my Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - 16"x7" - ET35 - absolutely no problems whatsoever, around 8mm clearance to the spokes, and bucketloads to the rim.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Can i mount the willwood 310 mm disc + 4pot caliper under the OZ Superturismo 16" ?
I don't know anyone that's got a 310 kit from Wilwood to fit under 16's
The 280mm kit does and the KSport 304 kit fits.
Unless you bought a "compact caliper" it might be possible?

I think Mark Turbo runs an AP 330 kit with 16's (Mark?) but the caliper from AP has been designed more compact than cheaper bulkier units from KSport and Wilwoods

DaniRS

I don't know anyone that's got a 310 kit from Wilwood to fit under 16's
The 280mm kit does and the KSport 304 kit fits.
Unless you bought a "compact caliper" it might be possible?

I think Mark Turbo runs an AP 330 kit with 16's (Mark?) but the caliper from AP has been designed more compact than cheaper bulkier units from KSport and Wilwoods
I would like to mount these brakes

310mm willwood!

Mount this on 16"?