What 15"wheels will go over the willwood brake kit?

S

samellio

Could anyone tell me what 15s to go for if i'm going to get the willwood brake kit(i think its 280mm or 285)..
I'm absoulutely desparate to get this sorted as iv'e completly demolished my tyres and brakes on my last track day and can't drive the beast until it's legal again :cry:
This is an emergency as there's another trackday that i just can't miss on the 16 Nov..
I'm sure you all know how i feel :wink:
Cheers,
Sam

J

J-GTi-R

15 in. Compomotive MOs. They don't just fit over my 280mm Wilwoods they actually have loads of space.

Strong as feck too, a genuine motorsport wheel.

skiddusmarkus

I got 15"oz supert's over 300mm Hispec discs with 4 pots.You're best of ringing whoever is supplying the kit and ask for minimal clearance figures and offset required.

S

samellio

Thanks j gtir,
How much do you think i would pay for just the wheels without tyres??
Also just to pick your brain what pad do you use and have you used your willys round a track before?
And.. are the wheels white?
Ps this forum is soooo useful :D

S

samellio

Cheers skid,
Are the hispecs more expensive as i'm not particuarly flush at the mo?

S

samellio

Sorry to be a complete lazy feck but where's the best place to get my brakes and wheels and how long do we think i'll have to wait??

skiddusmarkus

I think Hispec and Willwood are similarly priced.I got my brakes from Hispec direct and they came within a few days(similar situation to you,cooked my brakes on track)but paid top whack for the privelage.There have been various group buys on brakes so do a search.

NISR227

285mm's will be fine, the fitter might have to shave a bit on the caliper though. Here's my hispec 285 4pots behind 15;s..I would recommend Ferrodo DS2500's pads if you can.

I want to goto 300mm but need to do a bit more reseach becuase I don;t want them to rub.[/img]

ex-gtir

ive fitted wilwoods over 15 inch wolfrace enigma tight but miss by about 5mm on the inside rim of the wheel used 2mm spacer to keep them clear of the spokes :?
mike