wet plug running very rich

ray77

Ok, my R is running very very rich when i remove the plugs there all wet... What could be the cause ? MAF ? injectors seals ?

Thanks for your help

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
MAF most likely. Is it chucking black smoke out of the exhaust?
Do a fault code check. It's in the sticky in this section.
If the code check comes up all clear it could need re-earthing, also check the connector is secure, the pins sometimes come loose.

ray77

Well i cant get the fault code check to work... I short them but notting happens, also when the car is running the check engine light is on. I regrounded my maf it helped, it now runs better but stil rich on idle and very lean when i boost. Also the fans stays on as soon ignitionis on... Any ideas ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Fans could be the aircon switched on (even if you've removed it)

Check light shows there's a fault, are you're doing the check right?

ray77

as for the fans it never done that, even i dont have an aircon the switch never worked ether.
Ive Done what the stickys says about it check code but it wont work for me ...

Last edited:

ray77

ok, today i swaped the ecu and maf. I had the same running problem, im waiting for my injectors seal. Im pretty sure its my problem. ill update for future reference later!

skiddusmarkus

Why would leaking injector seals give you wet plugs?It would mean less fuel getting into the cylinder not more.I had 2 gummed up injectors after it had been stood for ages and that caused the plugs on the 2 working injectors' cylinders to get wet.

ray77

May car was runnimg very well and then... Well ive set my z32 working with the 444cc the thing is i made a test i swaped to my 720cc and ive tried to calibrate them with no success. So ive put back the oem ones, all this with the same seasl. The 720 were bigger, so they were a thight and hard fit. I may have damage the seals i guess. Also im thinking the 444cc are not so thight anymore at the botthom ones seating on the intake manifold. Air may be getting in from there. Anyway ill change every thing even the injectors filters.

Btw the 4 injectors were wet and they are clicking all fine!

Last edited: