weird clicking/droning noise

boucherie

recently refitted the coilovers to the car and it now appears that i get a sort of clicky/ droning noise from the osf of the car. The droning could well be the propshaft bearing on its way out as i lost a balance weight a year or two ago but im stumped as to what the clicking type noise it. Ive raised up the suspension on that corner as i thought it might have got the driveshaft angles too low but any other ideas what it could be?

Car is going in for a laser alignment and camber setup tomorrow so if theres anything else to check i can ask them then!

Thanks
Ian

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which coil overs? Do they have camber adjustable top mounts?

It could be the wheel bearing.

boucherie

G force coilovers and i was wondering about the wheel bearings but each time ive taken the car off the jack its fine for about 400m and then the noises start which makes me think its more to do with when the suspensions settled out

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Wheel bearings drone, CV joints tend to click on full lock when worn.

Any stones stuck in the brakes? Does the noise go on corners or get worse?

boucherie

clicking is on straight bits of road, and is too random to be something stuck in the tyre or brakes. sounds like something is catching on the driveshaft but cant think what it is, the exhaust is close to the front ARB but it would make a banging noise if it was that and not a clicking noise.

i wouldnt mind but ive got a track day on wednesday and would like this sorted before anything else happens!