is this a right reading deos anyone have the illusive manual for it
with the correct figures .
also does the wiring go from sender to ecu then straight back to relays
or is there more inside the car

since checking sender readouts it will not start when warm but ok
from cold? any ideas ?????????????????? :shock:

J

jasegould

Duncan had the same problem with his R, the fans wouldnt cut in even tho the switch/relays were working ok.........prob is I cant remember what the fault was :oops: Took a garage ages to find the fault

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're sure everything's working then I'd check the electrical connections at the relay.

The brown/white wire supply's power to the fans motor.
The Black/white wire is direct from the battery via a 30A fusible link.
The blue wire goes to earth via the thermo switch.
The white/green wire is a switched (10A fuse 8) supply.

sypher

just to see if i can help.. ''fast guy'' above has a better idea of wiring colours, but any way

locate the cooling fan relays then find (pin 30) +12v and then locate the other big wire (pin 87/87a) going to fans, then bridge these two together fans SHOULD work..

if NO then
find small ign' +12v supply (pin 86), the other pin (pin 85) goes to either the electronic control unit or a fan switch (i'll say ecu.. so DO NOT put any HIGH current through this) put a test light with a low wattage bulb between pins 85 & 86 and when the ecu decides it needs fans this test light should light.. this is to check relay wiring

one other thing you may want to do before this is check if the fans have an earth, unsure of colour but if its switched +12v then it MUST have a constant earth. get hold of a multi/ohm meter and check this!!!!!!! :( :( still working on me ovalled bores

sorry forgot to say did you disturb/check the NTC coolant temp sensor (2 wire) or the gauge sender (1 wire)