Water injection?

Simmo

After reading through a load of threads regarding water injection, ive just about figured out that it is a very good idea when running >1.3b boost. I've heard Aquamist, ERL etc etc.

Can anyone recommend a decent system that is basically automatic, ie it chucks in the water when needed (either on certain boosts or det)?

Where would be a good place to get the recommended system from?

Also does anyone know a decent fitting place around Sussex or Leicestershire that could fit this properly for me?

Kieron: If you read this mate, for your water level sensor on your WI system, how did you build the water level indicator bit?

Cheers, Simmo

C

Crazy

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

The basic kit you will want is the 1s kit and there is one on E-bay at the moment for £290 :wink:

They also sell the water level indicator bit :D

I have it on my car and its doing a good job.

Simmo

Cheers for the info mate,

am I right to assume that the "adjustable pressure switch" switches the unit on/off when the inlet pressure reaches a certain level e.g. when you accelerate hard it switches on and during idle/easy driving it stays off? If not how does the unit automatically switch on/off?

Cheers, Simmo

C

Crazy

Yes mate thats right, switces on at a certain boost level :wink:

They come set at 10 psi but they are adjustable so I have mine coming in at anything over 1 bar but will get it set up proper when I go back for a re-map to 1.4bar 8)

A

andy n

i've got the aquamist kit and its damn good, just dont let it run out!! a level indicator is a good idea.
mine comes in at .7 till 1bar.

Simmo

Cool thanks guys,

In terms of the jet size, does the size need to vary with amount of boost/power you're running, if so you wouldnt happen to know what sizes are needed for what boost/power?

C

Crazy

:shock: :? Sorry mate and please do not be offended but how the F U C K do you set it to do that :?

And why :? ???

So if you get a boost spike to 1.3 bar on a cold day your water injection would switch off at 1 bar :shock:

Simmo

Thats ok mate,

I didnt phrase the question properly,

I just noticed it said "Jet sizes from 0.5mm to 1.0mm are available in 0.1mm increments. 0.5mm size is supplied with the standard kit, but alternative sizes can be supplied on request." on the systems webpage (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/sys1/sys1a.html) but didnt fully understand what it meant or whether when running high boost/power etc did I need a bigger jet.

Cheers, Simmo

C

Crazy

The basic kit comes with 3 different jet sizes .4 - .5 - .6 and I have decided to use the smallest :wink:

Have a search on the Fiat Coupe Forum as the owner of ERL water injection Mr Richard Lamb (think thats his name) systems is always on there advising those blokes about fitting and jet sizes :)

Think they tried different size jets with good results but cannot remember :D

A

andy n

Crazy said:
:shock: :? Sorry mate and please do not be offended but how the F U C K do you set it to do that :?

And why :? ???

So if you get a boost spike to 1.3 bar on a cold day your water injection would switch off at 1 bar :shock:
i should have re phrased that. i'm running 1 bar and it comes in at .7 and stays there regardless of how high it goes.

C

Crazy

i should have re phrased that. i'm running 1 bar and it comes in at .7 and stays there regardless of how high it goes.
Get ya now mate :wink:

Simmo, no probs 8)