Wastegate Porting

frp

Nice article I had mine done when it was built. I suffer from very few boost creep issues. Not sure what if any performance gains were had but it definitely changes the sound. A lot of people think I have an external gate and screamer.....A very cheap and worth while modification in my opinion.
steve

rossdj1983

looks good, would i be right in saying this is a cheaper alternative to welding it shut and going for a external wg?

ashills

the early evo boys have to do this all the time when they stick a bigger exhaust on sometimes just proting other times bigger penny aswell but external is sometimes still needed u can get upto 38mm internal penny on some evo turbos

JAMMA

I just ported mine last night on my 3071r-wg. Original diameter of the hole was 25mm, its now just under 30mm. Pics arent the best but you get the idea.

Before:

After:

another before shot:

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Can't really tell from the pic's but did you fit a larger valve as well ?

Will be interesting to see the results, I can't understand why they don't make it at least that big from the factory.

Keep us updated Jamie

Steve

JAMMA

No Steve there was no need. The diameter of the valve is 33mm so its still covering the hole over 1.5mm each side.