Very Very hard clutch

R

riske

Hey guys i need some help...

My clutch pedal box recently snapped and the mounting bracket that goes onto the bulk head also snapped. Very annoying.:doh:

So anyway had Friday off so i could have a long weekend working on her. Got the bottom dash off and out came the clocks. I could see the mounting bracket was away from the bulkhead. Borrowed a mig welder off a neighbour and went to work fixing it all up. I have never welded before but i soon had the job done!:thumbsup:
Fitted a new slave, master and braided hose also a new pedal box and we are now in business. Also did some other recirculation from the pcv and the catch tank as it wasn't doing any good to my car only breathing through on pipe!!

Any to the point...

Did all this and now my clutch is tougher than Arnie in Commando!:shock: It has always been hard but this is taking the pi55. I cant control the pedal enough to get the biting point without it just being on or off! Its also in stages if you know what i mean. The pedal jolts in sections then grips in sections.

I have a paddle clutch.

All help will earn you a pint if ever i meet you!:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

are you sure that the pedal box is aligned properly and not twisted in anyway? hense restricting the pushrod movement to the clutch master cylinder, this would cause the pedal to be ultra stiff and make it snag on depression and uplift. the pushrod must run straight and freely.
paddles are stiff at the best of times with a very sharp biting point but you should not feel any snagging resistance on the pedal.
sounds as though something is out of alignment

R

riske

Definately all bolted up correctly and the rod seems straight but it was late and i was cold wet and hungry and wanted to have a roast dinner!! lol. I'll check again 2nite and let you know. Cheers for the parts. The catchtank you supplied doesnt fit in the gap where it should go as i have a solid intercooler pipe???? I'll have to attach it somewhere else in the engine bay. All the other parts are connected tho.