Various poly bushes

youngsyp

After posting a 'Wanted' ad for a poly gearshift stabiliser bush, I had a quick look on the web to see what was available. There is nothing from any of the UK suppliers but, I remembered about Energy Suspension in the states. This is what I've found:

Gear stabiliser bush: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.1109&cat=1379

Engine mount bushes, kit 1: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.1105&cat=1378

Engine mount bushes, kit 2: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.1106&cat=1378

What do we think on these fitting the GTiR ?

I'm only really interested in the gear shift bush (I'm confident that'll fit), and the bushes in engine mount kit 1, specifically the 2 'buffer' bushes which, look like they'd fit too ?!

Cheers

Paul

J

jpward

Whats with the countersunk side i thought from when i removed mine it was flush?

youngsyp

I'm sure they're countersunk (concave)?! This is where the metal washers sit ?!

For that sort of money, I'll order one and find out !

J

jpward

youngsyp said:

Countersunk is angled flat surface at set angle usually 45o
Concave is inverted dome/demisphere

I think if someone who's breaking a car did not mind they could send all the bushes from below to the likes of superflex for them to make up some considering the amount of us using Powerflex/superflex on nearly every other 13yo bushing!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
youngsyp said:

These are fitted to an OZ GTIR and have a concaved outer face.

I have just ordered a set, so we should find out in a few days

Steve

youngsyp

stevepudney said:
These are fitted to an OZ GTIR and have a concaved outer face.

I have just ordered a set, so we should find out in a few days

Steve
Steve,

It will fit as, I had a look at mine when the oil was being changed and it is indeed concave, as I suspected !

I'm gonna order this bush and the 'Engine mount 1' set.

Let us know how you get on !

Paul

youngsyp

jpward said:
I think if someone who's breaking a car did not mind they could send all the bushes from below to the likes of superflex for them to make up some considering the amount of us using Powerflex/superflex on nearly every other 13yo bushing!
There is only one bush in that lot that you can change and that's the one we're referring to.
All the other joints/pivot points are plastic and not serviceable/renewable !

ashills

superflex will take months to do any bushes as they all have to be sent to the whiteline factory in AUS where there all made

youngsyp

jpward said:
With the above diagram in mind, I'm wondering if this kit: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=7.1103&cat=1378 might be the one we need ?!

The bush with the metal insert seems to be excess to our needs but, the long bush could go where '34560N' is on the diagram and the other 1 piece bush would go at the front of the linkage as before.

Any thoughts ?

This would make more sense, if we take the model years into account.
I've been trawling the web for pictures of ths Sentra shift linkage but, so far have come up with nothing.

*EDIT* According to this: http://www.se-r.net/suspension/energy_susp.html the actual kit we need for the shifter bushing, is part no: 7.1103 and not 7.1109, and the kit comes with a split bush with the metal insert, and not the three bushes as seen on the page !

I've just ordered the shift bush and engine kit 1 set so, will let you guy's know if they fit when they arrive !

Last edited:
They look like the kiddies, they're definitely the ones that are giving me a wobbly knob... any idea how long they will take to arrive as i'm tempted to order them in the hope they are right.

J

jpward

Cambridge_pulsar said:
They look like the kiddies, they're definitely the ones that are giving me a wobbly knob... any idea how long they will take to arrive as i'm tempted to order them in the hope they are right.

:lol: :lol: @ "Wobbly knob"

Sounds more like to much riding the gear stick hehe!

youngsyp

Cambridge_pulsar said:
I'm almost positive they are the right ones, going from the pictures and other models they fit.

As for how long they'll take to get to you, it depends what shipping method you use. I used the basic one at they reckon it'll take 6 - 10 days to arrive. It cost around $20 (around £10) but, I could justify that as I ordered the engine mount kit too !