vacuume pipes

nimhbk

what size are people using for there vacuume hoses !!!3mm or 4mm especially from the actuator, im using 3mm at the mo and they look really small...

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
4mm ,better in rubber than silicon as it is more solid and is less likely to balloon under pressure, it also grips the nipples better. Use small clips or zip ties to secure in place.

i thought you had just had your car re-shelled? I seem to remember seeing a thread somewhere that you car was very Badley damaged from towing.

mreguest

that's right mate - bent the front out by tying a tow rope round the lower drivers side of the cross member. i was pretty sure that's where the tow eye used to be but found out the hard way i was very wrong! :cry:

http://s681.photobucket.com/user/mreguest_bucket/library/bent

was re-shelled because not only was it bent the arches and sills were rotten, just a matter of time before MOT fail... stupidly we didn't put new vacuum hoses on - just straight swapped over the engine and did put some nice new water pipes on :)

I think there's a vacuum leak some where as the idle can be a bit crazy - it changes day to day!?!?

gonna take it back to factory fit with new pipes and then one by one swap back in aftermarket boost gauge and controller etc...

cheers!

Adam

Last edited: