Vacuum pipework.

Nick K

Had a bit of a read on this. Still not totally clear.

To clarify

Vacuum pipe from back of manifold is for MAP and FPR

Pipe 1 off plenum is for waste gate via T piece off to boost solenoid off to rubber inlet before turbo.

What's the one way valve for.

Best way to plumb up HKS bov ( not recirc ) (( Vac or plenum pipe to control valve ))

Have I missed anything??

Cheers.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There is no MAP sensor; do you just mean the boost gauge?

Where is the one-way valve you've found? - The only one I can think of is on the vacuum assist for the brake servo.

My dump valve is attached to the bottom of the plenum and has the vacuum source connected to the gauges.

FPR is its own line, and so is the wastegate actuator.

Nick K

There is no MAP sensor; do you just mean the boost gauge?

Where is the one-way valve you've found? - The only one I can think of is on the vacuum assist for the brake servo.

My dump valve is attached to the bottom of the plenum and has the vacuum source connected to the gauges.

FPR is its own line, and so is the wastegate actuator.
Arr that's where the boost gauges gets its electronic signal from :-D

Think the one way valve is in the wrong place as when you pump the brake pedal the engine idle picks up. I have a after market boost gauge in the car to plumb up too.

Thanks for the info.

Need to find the some wiring now that's gone awol for the oil pressure and oil temp gauges :cry:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think my idle goes down if I pump the brake pedal... maybe that's a problem? :?

It's just occurred to me that there's a restrictor in the line that goes to the boost control solenoid which might look like a non-return valve.

I don't know if this helps or not:

Nick K

Hi, yes I thought the same late last night! its a restrictor.....Doh! A little re plumbing required :lol: Mines got a after market FPR ( which is something else i need to check as what pressure its set at!! ) but yes looking good on pipework. Thanks also for the other picture on the inlet manifold thread as I can see on it where the loom is for the oil pressure sensor that I was looking for 8)

MarkTurbo

FPR is its own line.
From the factory it shares the vacuum pipe with the boost sensor ;-)

2 pipes come off the air chamber under the plenum, 1 goes straight to the dump valve and the other is split off to the fpr/boost sensor.

The actuator pipe runs from the plenum and splits off to the boost solenoid if still fitted.

Nick K

I've plumbed it with dump, fpr and boost sensor on one pipe. Waste gate / solenoid on plenum pipe and cockpit boost gauge on other pipe.