Using loads of water

gunmetalgtir

My pulsars using loads of water at the moment, I'm talkin the radiator and overflow bottle are almost empty after about 100miles. Think the water pumps on its way out??

Tony-turbo

Waterpumps are prone to going, Bout £50 for the pump from nissan,

Fitting is a bit of an **** but there is a good how to in the "how 2" section.

Tony,

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
As the troll says, maybe someone drank it when you weren't looking...

Other than that look for leaks on the ground as you may just have a leak from either the water hoses, water pump, thermostat housing or the Rad itself...

Also check for white sludge under the Oil Cap, oil in the Rad water and also do a compression test... Those are all tail tail signs of the Head Gasket going...

Rishi

gunmetalgtir

Thanks for such a quick replay lads!! How do you do a compression test?? As far as I'm aware whenever I go out into my car in the mornings there is no water sitting about on the driveway or anything and I dont think any of the hoses are leaking!

dal.a

mine used to disapear out of the header tank it shouldnt of but it took me a while to sus it,all it took was a new rad cap.I hope yours is that simple.

Gray

mine was losing a lot a while back just turned out to be a loose pipe from the top of the rad to the thermo stat
never had any water on the drive either as it was dripping down onto the alternator then onto the plastic guards

I just doubled up the jubilee clips on the pipe and its been fine ever since

gunmetalgtir

I've just got a radiator and new radiator cap so I doubt it would be the cap leaking, as far as I'm aware all the pipes are connected properly!! There is quite a lot of white smoke on start up, but I thought it might just of been because of the cold mornings??

gunmetalgtir

Took my car out on my lunchbreak there and noticed a small puddle of water where it was parked!! Does it sound like the water pump then??

paz

If its leaking best bet is to have a look in the engine bay, and if required jack the car up and see where its leaking from.

Could be waterpump of the pipe going into the thermostat, both are pretty common. But obviously it could be anywhere really.

Paz

A

alfyboy

gunmetalgtir said:
My pulsars using loads of water at the moment, I'm talkin the radiator and overflow bottle are almost empty after about 100miles. Think the water pumps on its way out??
You have PM mate ;-)