Uprated Rad

jammin

Howdy, anyone know where i can get a KOYO all ally race rad from? i can see one on nengun but its not all ally, it has resin end tanks etc? Im after a really decent rad for optimum cooling, and after doing some research, Koyo seem to be the rad of choice, better/bigger than mishimoto or Fluidyne.

Any ideas. Is there anything better/bigger,than a KOYO, ie a triple or quad core?

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers

skiddusmarkus

A Koyo rad wouldn't look out of place in a central heating system, its massive.I don't see why you'd need one any thicker, it probably holds 4 times more water than the OE one.

Empty Pockets

Is there anything better/bigger,than a KOYO, ie a triple or quad core?

Yes, mine is 87mm thick, not cheap, or easy to fit though.

jammin

87mm thick....blimey!!
Can i ask how much and where from, and also, how 'not easy to fit' is it? very difficult? Can you still run fans and a decent size front mount?
Piccies?
Cheers.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What the hell would you need something that big for? :der:

Going for the "bling factor" or you making a powerful engine?

jammin

Yeah so am I. Will a koyo not suffice in this instance then. I'm thinking possibly bigger is better!

Empty Pockets

As Ed said really, if you saw the rest of the car you'd realise that no bling, however shiney, would make the car look good...

It's all about the cooling for me, but with the extra size/capacity it's chucking a lot of extra weight past the front axle, the rad has to be fitted further forward for clearance of the turbo and wastegates. i also wanted straighter rad hoses so the alloy inlet/outlet on the block have been cut and welded to the angles i want/need.
Going to use fibreglass wings,bonnet and doors, keep the standard boot lid and move as much as possible to the boot to even it out a bit, i.e washer bottle, battery etc. and the cage should shift some weight to the back aswell.

May be overkill but i'd rather have too much cooling than not enough obviously.

nickr

So this bad boy is a direct replacement? I'd like better cooling that the OE rad, but the Koyo seems to be overkill, and I don't want "difficult to install". :D
fits just fine, stock fans, silicone or oe hoses work too. make sure to get the 2.0 sr20 one.