uprate the stock brakes

tomble

hi there, just wanting to purchase some up-rated disks an pads to start with, anyone know where they can be found at competative prices?

cheers

tomble

J

jasegould

Don't bother IMO, waste of money.....fit bigger discs and calipers

J

justin666

I knackered up my standard disks a while back and as I didnt have the money at the time for Big disks and new calipers I got hold of some replacement TarOx 40 grooves and Pagid pads. Cost about £120 all in and there was a distinct improvement over the standard disks. Obviously never gonna be as good as a big uprated set but as a cheap fix not bad at all. :)

J..

N

nicboy

hi there,
to be honest mate save the money for a bigger brake set up, if you are desperate for an improvement put red stuff pads on and some braided hoses uprated discs are not going to make any difference as they are gonna have the same force applied over the same surface area. These will do you in the mean time, but to be honest standard Pulsar brakes are crap no matter what you do to them just not good enough for the performance of the car.

Look for a second hand 4 pot setup prob get for around £400. Speak to GTi-R spares which are on the forum index.

Kind regards Nic :twisted:

Timur 008

I agree with all of the replies about the brakes being pooee on the Pulsar's but if u don't want to fork out loads of cash for brakes/disks etc.. make the lines braided you will feel a massive difference (gives it a nicer tighter bite) trust me i have had 3 GTI-R's with different brakes on all of them.

obviously tho it is best to uprate the lot if you can afford it.

S

samellio

Tomble,
If you can't afford to get a big brake kit do the following:

Just stick with nissan discs- they are much cheaper(£60-70) and pads will last so much longer.. aftermarket grooved and drilled discs are imho a waste of money..

Pads make a lot of difference.. Nissan are very good but too expensive(£50+) so try ferrodo or ebc.. expect to pay no more than £40 for a set of ferrodo ds2000's(not entirely sure if i've got the name right :oops: ) or around £30 for ebc green stuff..

You can also change your brake fluid and hoses but this really doesn't do much..

I agree with jasegould :wink: i've tried every combination of brake setup and found bigger discs and callipers to be the only answer..

Hope this helps :wink:

Sam

S

samellio

blimey.. in the time it took to write that post another 2 of you have posted :lol: