Upgrading standard brakes

W

wetpants

I want to upgrade my brakes.

Just wondered what all you other guys have done and what you'd recommend.

kyepan

Ditch the standard caliper and discs.

get the willwood 285mm kit at a minimum, its about 325 quid.. and will sort you out well..

I had uprated discs and pads + braided hoses and it never felt good enough to push hard for longer than about 3-4 mins then you got complete fade and squidgy pedal..

i hear you can do lap after lap on the willwoods.. or hispec.. or AP (the dogs danglies) and they won't fade.

paz

If you don't want to ditch the standard sized bits for a bigger kit, I'd recommend black diamond discs and pads - I've never had much trouble with them, although I have set them on fire a few times :oops:

The general concensous seems to be that for better brakes, you need a set of oversized 4 pots.

Paz

Cris

paz said:
If you don't want to ditch the standard sized bits for a bigger kit, I'd recommend black diamond discs and pads - I've never had much trouble with them, although I have set them on fire a few times :oops:

The general concensous seems to be that for better brakes, you need a set of oversized 4 pots.

Paz
I had black diamond driller and slotted which made a massive improvement to fade. It still wasn't great but better than stock. Note that the discs chew pads in no time.

S

Stoned

I got mine for £425 2nd hand off this forum. Work much better than standards!

Just keep an eye out. A bargain will come up sooner or later.