uncut front bumper fitting

g9nhy

hello guys today i tried to fit my new front uncut bumper on my car but i cant seem to get it to fit as i have a 4 inch front mount intercooler fitted (i have a cut bumper fitted at the moment) i have trimed some off the new front bumper but it looks like i need to trim all most all of the front bumper to get it to fit which i dont want to do as i want it to look orginal
any one got any ideas or pics of other people on how they have got it done i cant move the front mount as its pushed all the way to the back
pics of my front mount and and the bumper i have on at the mean time you can see to fit an uncut front bumper on there is near impossible without mayjor trimming

any help with what to do

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

g9nhy

The bumper bar is cut and the intercooler is mounted as far back as it will go, it will not go any further back

splmum

You will not be able too fit an 'uncut' front bumper with a 4inch thick intercooler, you can barely fit a bumper (without a lot of modification) with a 3inch, so 4 will be neigh impossible without something like 30+mm spacers, and that would look ridiculous.

g9nhy

So dose that mean I can not fit the uncut front bumper with a 4" intercooler not even if I do some trimming to it, I will take a pic of the intercooler with the front bumper of so you can see better

lakeview

id say no which is the main reason people started cutting the front bumper
a forge front mount fits(the first version they did any way) the se nissan and pace fit without the need to cut it
id say none of the cheap chinese one will fit without cutting the bumper

red reading

Unless you are running silly power you don't need a 4" thick intercooler, you can get a 3" cooler in with a lightly modified standard bumper.

g9nhy

Ok guys no point strating to cut the bumper I will measure up my intercooler and see if I can get a 3" intercooler instead if all fails will just leave it with the cut front bumper on
on
thanks for the info guys

red reading

Just use a 3" I/c a 4" is a bit overkill, the reason why it won't fit is the front crossmember gets in the way and pushes the core too far out, the 3 " does not do that, there are numerous cars that have trimmed bumpers and 3" coolers.

red reading

The 3" in the picture you have above works....make it 30mm thicker and you have hardley anything left of the bumper and it is tight to the crossmember, you can bodge it to fit like some have done and do, but then you will suffer when the cooler rubs thru and the bumper starts pulling on the outer wing fixings , so in summery if you are daft fit it like that, if you have some savvy fit a smaller cooler.

splmum

And as just got posted on another forum:

Well there ya go, however as the title says, "uncut front bumper fitting" I still say it will not work.
However, if the bumper is cut like in the pics it is no longer an "uncut front bumper".
Pedantic I suppose but I was basing in on the "uncut", which the pics are "cut".
Over and out!

red reading

And as just got posted on another forum:

Well there ya go, however as the title says, "uncut front bumper fitting" I still say it will not work.
However, if the bumper is cut like in the pics it is no longer an "uncut front bumper".
Pedantic I suppose but I was basing in on the "uncut", which the pics are "cut".
Over and out!

Hit the nail on the head!