Tyres??????

R

RJC

I've been ringing around for the best price on an alloy + tyre package, but I seem to be getting a lot of confusion about what tyres to put on.

Some say Yoko's are the best, some Toyo's or Nankang (not sure if thats spelt right).

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I don't want to buy some tyres that don't grip well or wear to quick.

G

GAZ P

I've used Falken for the last 8 years, on 4 different cars, inc my R for the last 6 years.Fitted a full set of FK-451's around Christmas 03 and they have been great.Last set covered over 20k of hard driving & 4 trackdays, good grip in the dry & wet plus they are very good value if you know the UK importer :wink: .

Shaun

:D Hi mate,i wouldnt go anywhere near Nankang unless thats all you can afford :wink: TOYO PROXY's are legendary tyres,well known for their performance on the streets 8) I'm a YOKOHAMA man myself and i am running 205/40/17 AVS sport,but they tend to be a bit twitchey when its damp and greasey,YOKOHAMA A539's i used to have on my 5turbo 8) Brilliant tyre,but if you can stretch to the new YOKOHAMA PARADAS,that would be my choice 8) 8) 8)

BenD

Stay away from avons :shock: :shock: :shock:

As stated, TOYO PROXES TS-1's are best bet for price and grip :wink:

A set will cost you £260 from mytyres :wink:

GTIR-LOZ

yeah i use toyos too, although i have seen a car at work with them on and the inner sidewall had split away from the tread :shock: :wink: but on a lighter note mine seemed ok, nice grip and cheap too

R

RJC

GTIR-LOZ said:
yeah i use toyos too, although i have seen a car at work with them on and the inner sidewall had split away from the tread :shock: :wink: but on a lighter note mine seemed ok, nice grip and cheap too
What are toyo's like in th wet?

pete-r

ive just changed from falken to toyos as the falkens were :shock: in the wet,the toyos are 8) can corner so much harder,even in the wet.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Falkens
Nankangs
Yokohama A539

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Save your money and put it toward something decent.

Toyo are about the best of the lot mentioned above.

Another idea is Goodyear F1's that are marginally better but more expensive too. Past this, the gain in performance/wear rate/price makes some of the more luxurious tyres a waste.

Jim

Keira

i was putting 340bhp through kingstars last year for a few weeks :shock:

didn't go round corners very well :lol: was quite exciting :shock:

MarkTurbo

I've had 1 set of Yoko A520's and 2 sets of A539's on my R.

The A520's were brilliant in the dry but very scary in the wet :shock: Dosent matter cos i dont think you can buy them any more anyway.

The A539's grip very well in the dry but are still a bit iffy when its wet :wink:

Nankang :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

N

Ninj-r

Got some Pirelli P7000's on at the moment & they seem fine. I did want Goodyear eagles or the toyos but couldn't be bothered waiting

J

John Mc

Hi Mate,

I've just fitted a set of Toyo Proxes T1-R, £280 for the set of four from www.camskill.co.uk delivered to your door 8) Got them fitted yesterday they make a hell of difference to the cornering 8) My car used to understeer like biatch, now it will still understeer but only if pushed hard and they are new so haven't had any time to bed in!

The T1-R is the new model superceding the T1-S, wet grip is excellent, haven't tried them in the dry though :roll:

Cheers

John

buffalobilla

ive jus fitted some michelin pilot sports on my R, the grip iz amazing, try n go for them. £105 each including fitting from Taj Kwick Tyres in Hayes. Middz