Tyres, which ones

Mr GTiR

Currently got some Toyo Proxes on my car and the front two are dead!

Was going to replace them with some more but have noticed that the Toyo PX4E and Yoko Parada Spec-2 are almost the same price. What do people think of these tyres or should I just stick with the Proxes T1R?

Just so you know these are road tyres and i'm getting a set of Toyo R888's for track use on my second set of wheels.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
Currently got some Toyo Proxes on my car and the front two are dead!

Was going to replace them with some more but have noticed that the Toyo PX4E and Yoko Parada Spec-2 are almost the same price. What do people think of these tyres or should I just stick with the Proxes T1R?

Just so you know these are road tyres and i'm getting a set of Toyo R888's for track use on my second set of wheels.
If possible, try not to mix your tyres as this can affect the handling of the car.

I've had mix responses from both tyres but Yoko's seem to take a beating better that Toyo's (yet, I'm sure people will disagree) ;-)

If you’re on T1R's then stick with them and avoid mixing brands/compounds :thumb:

Mr GTiR

fubar andy said:
I've had mix responses from both tyres but Yoko's seem to take a beating better that Toyo's (yet, I'm sure people will disagree) ;-)
LOL, I've got another problem, the rears have T1S's on them and they are now no longer made. Just a bit gutted it's the T1R's that i've killed :doh:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
What about the Eagle F1's? These were always a good tyre.

Got the T1R's on myself and very happy with them. Only costs me £35 each as running 15's

L

levin

bought a set of toyo proxes T1S recently and very pleased with those, no experience with the yokohama tyres but i'm comfident these will be very good aswell

GTiRlover

I am very happy with the Parada Spec 2's on my car. They are leagues above the Toyo Proxy T1S's they replaced IMO. The grip in the dry is very good indeed, however wet weather performance is not so good. Swings and roundabouts I suppose...

gtir_pimp

GTiRlover said:
I am very happy with the Parada Spec 2's on my car. They are leagues above the Toyo Proxy T1S's they replaced IMO. The grip in the dry is very good indeed, however wet weather performance is not so good. Swings and roundabouts I suppose...
also been told the paradas are excellent in the dry but not great in the wet. told by a company that sell and fit tyres not just dave from the local pub! i have falkens at the mo which are supposed to be a good all round tyre

frp

I have parada's andy they're brilliant. I see what people say about them in the wet but personally I like how they are keeps you on your toe's. I didn't rate the toyo's personally. the other thing with the paradas is the amazing amount of grip at all temperatures .....they're cheap too

steve

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Found tyre sizes make a difference. The Falken 451 is good in the bigger sizes on larger cars, but no good in the smaller sizes

paz

The Eagle F1's are great tyres, best I've had I'd say. The new R has those Yoko's on, and they're alright, but they slide a bit every now and then in the wet.