Tyre's bald, camber/caster?

T

TOMI GTI-R

iv had my "R" for 3months now, when i first got it i noticed that both front
tyre's wearing on both inner edge's! now their well over due for a new set but i dont want to sling a new set of tyre's on and it happen again! :evil:
#
anyone know the camber and caster figure's cos ive had it four wheel aligned after i had it lowered, but the wear was there befor i lowered it! :cry:

S

Sunny Nutter

tis a problem with the R's there is no camber alignment on a standard R,
so get a camber alignment kit from whiteline www.whiteline.com.au part # KCA412 (i think!)
that will reduce the amount of wear on the inside edges! :wink:

J

jasegould

IMO its your tracking that is out, and theres not much point having alignment done with worn tyres as you have to have it done again for the new tyres.
Ive lowered mine and have had no probs at all with uneven wear, in fact ive lowered the last 6 cars ive had and the only problems that ive had are with tracking.

J

J-GTi-R

There is a problem with the standard non-adjustable camber settings causing inner tyre-wear. Every time I get a new set of tyres I have the car laser aligned and it's spot-on. Jase, I have no idea why yours doesn't do it (unless theres a camber kit on it you don't know about), as even at the standard ride height my car does it.

S

seanleed

How does the camber alignment kit work :?: Is it just some turned down bolts on an eccentric (sort of like a camshaft?)

S

Sunny Nutter

seanleed said:
How does the camber alignment kit work :?: Is it just some turned down bolts on an eccentric (sort of like a camshaft?)
exactly!
easy as pie to fit aswell, it is (honestly) one of those mods that will take 30 mins!
the alignment part will take longer!

T

TOMI GTI-R

Can ya sugest where i can get some from, seeing white line is in oz! :oops: somewhere like abbey? :?
Cheers for ya replies :wink: :lol:

T

TOMI GTI-R

Cheers boys :lol:
got some on order with SRB (£39) Bargin! :D :D
#
They fit in the top bolt hole where the shock bolts to the hub :wink:

#
NAD did say he had some but he's to slack to pull his finger out and find them in that dusty pile of s**t he call's an "R" :lol: :lol: :wink: