Twin Engined GTIR

ShayneG

:idea: Just a thought but has anyone ever managed do put 2 engines in an 'R' one at the front and one at the rear. This would be unreal but is it possible. Comments welcome :idea:

J

J-GTi-R

Well we have twin engined Renault R5 GT-Ts, Novas, TTs, Golfs etc, so I can't see why a twin engined 'R couldn't be done.

Two 400+ bhp 2.2 Tomei stroker engines should make it a bit shifty... :p

Why, you volunteering?

E

Edd

J don't be so ridiculous :shock:

you'd have the rear engine 2.2 with 700bhp that doesn't come on boost till about 6k
then the front engine you'd have 2.2 with lower bhp to get you going :wink:

A

Anonymous

F#ck trying to find a gearbox that could handle two GTIR engines :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There was some talk quite a while ago about some one possibly building a twin engine Gtir as a promotion for his business, but I gather as I still haven't heard of one, the idea was binned, or it's taking a long time.

T

T11EWL

I thought part of the reasoning behind the two-engine thing was because it's easier than fitting a 4wd drive chain ??

Sorry, was that a stupid comment ?

J

J-GTi-R

The way people usually do it is to run two gearboxes off a single linkage. PAR to an uprated FWD gearset for the US Sentra boys, so one FWD 'box per engine and you're laughing...

Go on, build one!! 8)

ShayneG

J-GTi-R said:
Well we have twin engined Renault R5 GT-Ts, Novas, TTs, Golfs etc, so I can't see why a twin engined 'R couldn't be done.

Two 400+ bhp 2.2 Tomei stroker engines should make it a bit shifty... :p

Why, you volunteering?
I am seriously considering this conversion :D

A

Anonymous

you'll be better of doing a twin engined 2.0 gti sunny and turbo charging them both, it will be impossible to do a twin engined standard 4 wheel drive car, just do it to the gti and add a 4 wheel drive chain.
The r5 gt had 4 wheel drive added so did dub sports golf.

NISR227

Who ever decides to do it, and is actually servious about it, least it will make a change seeing all these skylines doing 10sec 1/4s. Tint the windows out on the twin engined R to make it look normal and it will shock everyone! :lol:

R

robinsongtir

the Dubsport golf and the Europart r5t are not four wheeel drive they have the front engine powering the front and same with the rear and linking the two gearboxes together they don't use a 4x4 system

E

Evil_GtiR

I think there's a black Twin turbo gtir in New Zealand. Seen it advertised in the Autotrader before. Not sure if it's a misprint or not though.

G

GTI-R Kid

Evil_GtiR said:
I think there's a black Twin turbo gtir in New Zealand. Seen it advertised in the Autotrader before. Not sure if it's a misprint or not though.
I think theres a pic of an SR20DETT (twin-turbo) somewhere on www.gti-r.com . I'll have a look and see if i can find it. 8)

A

Anonymous

ShayneG said:
I am seriously considering this conversion :D
Do this and you'll be a hero :!: Do you have a tuning company or are you just mad? :wink:

Dunc