Turbo to manifold bolt tightening question

Trondelond

Just a quick one - it's raining like crazy outside, so I'd rather figure this out in here; is it at all possible to tighten the turbo to manifold nuts and bolts without removing half the front end, or taking the mani/turbo combo out?

Tim

You'll struggle to get the back ones i would have thought, did you fold the tabs up onto the nuts when you put it back together?

Trondelond

You'll struggle to get the back ones i would have thought, did you fold the tabs up onto the nuts when you put it back together?
I've never taken it apart, to be honest. So I can't tell you if they're folded or not. I could feel the nuts with my finger when I had a rummage down there, but they seemed a little concealed.

shroom

I could feel the nuts with my finger when I had a rummage down there, but they seemed a little concealed.
im sorry you cant get away from how that sounds dirty mind eh :lol::lol:

its not easy mate, as the standard manifold is a right little bugger dont know if you would ever be able to get anything on them to do them up

Tim

You can't get a socket on them with the turbo and manifold off the car... it takes about 45 minutes to remove the turbo and manifold so i'd just do that. Is the turbo loose on the nuts then?

Trondelond

im sorry you cant get away from how that sounds dirty mind eh :lol::lol:

its not easy mate, as the standard manifold is a right little bugger dont know if you would ever be able to get anything on them to do them up
I didn't see that, but I should have! :D

I suppose I'll have to remove the turbo/mani then, that'll be this weekend when I'm installing the Teins at the same time! :)

I was just hoping it could be done, as I don't want to undo/redo the gaskets more than neccesary. I'm replacing them all when I'm throwing on the 3071, so I don't want to use even more :)