Turbo Timer

gtirjaymz

How do!!
i just got my sar back from having recon engine and turbo fitted but my turbo timer doesnt work. it lights up and flashes like knightrider, but i cant select a time period for the engine to stay on. when i turn off the engine it just goes straight off, no action from the turbo timer :doh:

any help will be great as i havent got a clue. could it be part of the wiring or something left unplugged????

cheers :thumbsup:

J

jpward

gtirjaymz said:
How do!!
i just got my sar back from having recon engine and turbo fitted but my turbo timer doesnt work. it lights up and flashes like knightrider, but i cant select a time period for the engine to stay on. when i turn off the engine it just goes straight off, no action from the turbo timer :doh:

any help will be great as i havent got a clue. could it be part of the wiring or something left unplugged????

cheers :thumbsup:
Might help if we knew which model TT it is :lol:

But they are simple devices make sure hand brake is on, car in neutral and you can usually test it by just moving ignition to position 2 and back to 1 again I doubt it would have been unplugged as the wiring is normally under the steering column shroud ;-)

gtirjaymz

the car was broken into a while ago and they tried to hot wire it. maybe they fooked it up then??? there isnt a 'how-to' guide on how to fit TT's in a pulsar so with my knowledge im screwed!! :lol:

Any help with which wire is which would be good!!:thumbsup:

J

jpward

gtirjaymz said:
the car was broken into a while ago and they tried to hot wire it. maybe they fooked it up then??? there isnt a 'how-to' guide on how to fit TT's in a pulsar so with my knowledge im screwed!! :lol:

Any help with which wire is which would be good!!:thumbsup:
Well wire connections on each will vary basically they wire to each wire on the ignition switch and also by-pass the switch kind of an anti-immobiliser idea you’d need to take it to a auto-spark to make sure they are all correct you would not want the car to turn it self off whilst driving out off a busy junction or turn it self on whilst left parked! :shock: