turbo elbow question?

MORF114

Do you think that if you had a screamer pipe fitted the std elbow would be ok for flow because the remaining boost will be out external gate and there would be no need to get a bigger elbow than std?

MarkTurbo

Depends what turbo it is and how much boost your running really. The more boost your running the less exhaust gas exits through the wastegate so you could still have a lot of air trying to get through the restrictive standard elbow ;-) Hope that makes sense :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Why not just get a 3" downpipe that includes the elbow as part of it? It would look a neater install and probably work better and be lighter than the standard part with a pipe welded on.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
MORF114 said:
yeah that makes sense will be running about 1.6 on 3071r so will prob need 3" elbow.
Cheers
Definately do it then. I've tried with both and it made a huge difference. Do a search on my name and exhuast to see my experience after fitting.

I ended up having to re-map the car as it came on boost about 500-1000rpm quicker and added about 5-10% extra load (air in simple terms)

MORF114

Sweet sounds like a good idea to move to 3" going to side exit aswell so will prob fab my own up in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers guys:thumbsup: