Turbo/Bleed valve question!

C

Crazy

My line manager at work has just confirmed that I can have Wed, Thur & Friday off next week so I will hopefully be fitting my new

Koyo Radiator
Forge Front mount intercooler
MD214 Turbo

The problem is, the MD214 Turbo is set at 1bar as standard but my old Turbo is set to 1bar with the help of a bleed valve so when I fit the MD214 Turbo what should I do with the bleed valve?????

1. Bin it and wait until Powerstation fit and set up my Greddy Profec B Spec II :wink:

2. Wind the bleed valve down so it is not being used :oops:

3. Wait for some advice I get from you guys 8)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have the MD 214s fitted to mine atm, the actuator on mine is set to 1 bar and my Dawes device is set at 1.2.

I would fit the bits anyway leaving your bleed valve where it is with it's original setting, after you've fitted everything take it out for a gentle drive to see what boost is registering on your boost guage (assuming you have an after market guage, if not get one). then if it boosts to any more than 1 bar turn the bleed valve down. I would set it as low as possible until she's been mapped.

What ever you do be carefull not to rag her to much though, just wait until she's mapped properly. JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE NOTHING BUT OPTIMAX.

C

Crazy

stevepudney

What ever you do be carefull not to rag her to much though, just wait until she's mapped properly. JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE NOTHING BUT OPTIMAX.

Optimax is the only fuel that I use in my R

I have a boost gauge and A pillar pod, I was going to wait until my air/fuel gauge arrives but it looks like I will have to fit when I fit the new turbo 8)

Thanks for the advice steve :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Close the bleed valve(screw it in).You should get a decent gain with the fmic and turbo 8) .
I have one of those radiators coming too,they were too good a price to miss.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
At the risk of making myself sound stupid :roll:
Could someone please explian whats wrong with the standard radiator and what if any are the benifits in changing it.

S

Sirnixalot

when you start to increase the power of the engine you increase the demand on the cooling system to keep the engine within operating temps.

skiddusmarkus

They are something like triple the capacity of the standard one and aren't that much more expensive.Mine has a hole in it so it wasn't a hard decision to chose this over standard.