Tubular Manifold?

Pete Watson

I want to change the Cast Manifold for a Tubular Version, have looked about but can't find much choice. I have a T28 hybrid fitted and would like to keep it in the same place. I have seen a few going through on ebay but i gather thay are not a direct replacement and the quality may be suspect.

If anyone knows of some good options please let me know.

Cheers Pete

Pete Watson

Hiteq have given me a quote for this at £765 +Vat. Is this about the price i should expect for a Good Manifold, if that's the caes does anyone use the version from Hiteq, what's the quality like?

Cheers Pete

R

robinsongtir

there is no point in changing to a tubular manifold when the std one is fine for use with a T28 hybrid turbo the std manifold is good for up to and sometimes over 400bhp with a bit of porting.
Don't think hiteq with sell you one pretty sure they will say the same as me but if you really want on to say you have a tubular manifold then DP can make you one no probs

C

clive760

MANIFOLD

robinsongtir said:
there is no point in changing to a tubular manifold when the std one is fine for use with a T28 hybrid turbo the std manifold is good for up to and sometimes over 400bhp with a bit of porting.
Don't think hiteq with sell you one pretty sure they will say the same as me but if you really want on to say you have a tubular manifold then DP can make you one no probs
HI GUYS am having 4BRANCH made 4 my pulsar it will be
the test unit from my suppliar it will be about £260-320 will be similar
2 HKS but for T28 TOP NOTCH :D :D :D :D

Sweeny

Re: MANIFOLD

clive760 said:
robinsongtir said:
HI GUYS am having 4BRANCH made 4 my pulsar it will be
the test unit from my suppliar it will be about £260-320 will be similar
2 HKS but for T28 TOP NOTCH :D :D :D :D
8) keep us posted

Si..

robinsongtir said:
i totally agree,

the std one is fine unless you want big power.
tubular manifolds have a tendency to crack without much difficulty and can be a right head ache once they start, you'd be better off doing something else performance wise, cams or head work etc.

C

clive760

manifold

LOU ROB said:
Tubular manifolds won't crack if the turbo is braced properly :wink:

tubular manifolds here :wink:
YEH YEH THEY DO HELP but i wouldnt pay £750 one, thats why am getting1 made and they will be better priced as well any 1 intresed giv me EMAIL CLIVE 400R :D :D :D :D

Nad

All SS tubular manifold will crack at some point in their lifetime as they are just not as strong as the cast iron versions, braced or not. Cast sections used by Protech help and seem to be the best on offer at the moment. If they are too stiff they will crack when they expand, if they are too loose they will crack, u cant win unless u have £££ and get an inconel one, but I cant see anyone on here doing that.

Nad

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I had a custom tubular manifold made up by AAS... They braced eveything up nicely and its been good to me so far...

PM for deltails...

Although for a T28 i would stick with the standard mani... Unless you HAVE to change it, then i wouldn't bother...

Rishi

Nad

Also on manifolds that are tightly fixed u can get vibration cracks as well, just something I read last nite at work :wink: