transfare box

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
whats the signs to look out for if the transfare box is on its way out

thanks for the help

Gaz gtiR

Whats your symptoms? My R is making a cluncking & banging sound from pasenger side front wheel when setting off from a junction with abit of steering lock on & pulls on the steering wheel! also on slight left hand bends. Ive checked ball joints, drop links, & changed cv joints. etc. So ive put it down to being the FRONT DIFF/TRANSFER BOX! Maybe yours is the same or are you having different issues?

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
Whats your symptoms? My R is making a cluncking & banging sound from pasenger side front wheel when setting off from a junction with abit of steering lock on & pulls on the steering wheel! also on slight left hand bends. Ive checked ball joints, drop links, & changed cv joints. etc. So ive put it down to being the FRONT DIFF/TRANSFER BOX! Maybe yours is the same or are you having different issues?
yep nearly all the above thanks thats sorts that out
thanks alot Gaz

vss irvine

yeah in gearbox.

i had this problem a good few years ago. changed most of the drivetrain, gearbox was the last thing i changed!

Gaz gtiR

:doh: great! only thing i aint checked is suspension strut top mount! but it sounds to unhealthy to be that.

pulsarmoley

My whole gearbox has whined and rattled since i got my car nearly 6 years ago :shock: Im expecting mine to go bang at Bobs sprintday!

Gaz gtiR

My gearbox seems fine & i dont want it to be the box thats causing my problem as its an RB Box & its brill for country roads ;-) im just praying its front diff/transfer box at fault! but got myholiday to get out of the way before i bring her out & look at it!