Tps

C

CHRIS_2010

TPS RESULTS

here are my results,so what the F**K is goingon with my car,

on the RED main power supply to TPS im getting 5.12v,

then on the return wire WHITE im getting a constant 4.02v with or without the sensor connected.

ive checked all continuitys to ecu . they check out ok.....so i know all these are fine.

NOW HERE ARE MY RESULTS OF MY RESISTANTS CHECKS

FULLY OPEN READ 5.4KOHMS

FULLY CLOSED READ 11.3KOHMS

IM REALLY GIVING UP ON IDEA'S IVE REPLACE AN ECU AND STILL THE SAME,

DO U THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH CHANGING THE TPS ?

more thoughts the better please. :doh:

chris

stumo

the tps should measure approx 2kohm at idle and about 11kohm at WOT (obviously with the engine off and measured at the tps)

C

CHRIS_2010

so relistically its reading wrong then, its working back to front

C

CHRIS_2010

i cant either but i double checked the results , im really confussed grrr

It would be worth borrowing someone's TPS quick and just swapping them over. I had to replace mine yesterday due to a fault (although not the same as yours).

Mine was working fine when cold, but when some engine heat had soaked into it, the fucking thing went spastic, spurious readings all over the place (I was watching it on the laptop as I was at constant throttle), then it would just die and only read 28% when at WOT. The Motec didn't know what to do, car was juddering all over the place :D

Bloody thing :lol:

cojack

Major_Sarcasm said:
It would be worth borrowing someone's TPS quick and just swapping them over. I had to replace mine yesterday due to a fault (although not the same as yours).

Mine was working fine when cold, but when some engine heat had soaked into it, the fucking thing went spastic, spurious readings all over the place (I was watching it on the laptop as I was at constant throttle), then it would just die and only read 28% when at WOT. The Motec didn't know what to do, car was juddering all over the place :D

Bloody thing :lol:

Did replacing the sensor cure this fault as this fault sound's the same symptom's as mine and i'm thinking it is the t.p.s also do you have the part number and the price?;-)

Sorry for the hi-jack fellla:doh:

It certainly seems to have fixed it, yes. I managed to get one for nowt from a very good friend who didn't need it anymore.