Totb x

STU666V

Anyone having a go this year?

http://www.totb.co.uk/events/index.php/enter-event

We could have a compition between ourselves? :-D

---------------------------

Edited to add main info*

Ok, I have some updated about TOTB this year and certainly makes this years event worth while competing.

Basic info:
Ten of the Best events are aimed at road going all round cars for the Overall Champion award, which is only open to road legal, taxed, tested and insured road vehicles.

All road class competitors must present their driving license, V5, current road tax and valid MOT on the day.

Club Teams:

Club teams taking part at TOTB can consist of 5 to 10 cars of any make but one make clubs will get 4 extra starting points for the event

Handling circuit drivers are allowed 5 timed runs from 10.30 untill 2.30 then the top 5 in each class will get 2 more runs to find the top two drivers who will then go into the finals for each class there will be awards for the top driver in each class as well as the overall winner and points will be awarded accordingly

The shootouts will take place at 2.45 for the top 5 cars in each class and the final should be at aprox 4.15

Boot Camp: (Saturday practice)
Saturday Boot Camp is open to all fully paid up competitors at NO COST all disciplines are on offer but cars must be noise tested and scrutineerd before going on track for testing or mapping any times set on Saturday will not count for the main TOTB event

Costs:
Entry for the event is: £100 – that includes overnight camping, your practice day on Saturday and the main event on Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a perfect weekend for us as a club to compete and really make a good attempt at trying to grab a few points from the event.
We can also practice all day on Saturday to learn the handling circuit and also get some runs down the drag section.

This is the best offer I have seen from TOTB for the event; allowing us practice on the Saturday is a great way to get your monies worth and also gain valuable practice time for the main event on Sunday.

Also in the evening we can all chill out, get the bbq going, a few beers, make any adjustments and repairs we need to make as a team and be ready for the Sunday.
We can all bring some tools, spares and parts, so that we are all covered and muck in as a team, finally a real Team GTiR.

I’m not arsed who comes, I would like to see some people with track cars, sprint cars to make an effort and come along for the day. Put some times down, show what they can do and also others that just have powerful cars to also attend and fly the GTiR flag.

I’m also going to make some calls to other GTiR owners to see of they will attend and really push to make a full team of 10 GTiR’s for this event.

I’m willing to put a lot of effort into this years event, but I need people to put themselves forwards and do their part.

If you think you can bring something then let me know a.s.a.p!

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah deffo

I'll be looking to have our own GTiR TOTB competition in amongst the day.

If you think you've got the skills and talent to put down some good times then I'll be interested to get you signed up.

There are a quite a few cars on here built for this now.

So I think its time to see what these cars are made of!

bob the builder

oh for f**ks sake, why is all the good stuff on when i have other family commitments. dam my family.lol
would of loved to get the beast up agaisnt some other pulsars.
whats the entry requirements?
might look at doing it next year instead. will have to get it cleared with the boss first

STU666V

I will take your car down for a spare? :)

Or i could just take your car and save me towing mine for 9 hrs? :)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The event is, depends if we can get together some names.

Its about time people put their cars into events like this and post some times.

We have plenty of track and sprint cars on there now, its about time we all came together for the day and gave us (the club) and Team GTiR something to talk about.

Come on chaps (and ladies) time to show us what you got.

So far I have

STU666V
fubar andy
johnsy

I can think of at least 10 other cars we could have for the day...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member

Ok, I have some updated about TOTB this year and certainly makes this years event worth while competing.

Basic info:
Ten of the Best events are aimed at road going all round cars for the Overall Champion award, which is only open to road legal, taxed, tested and insured road vehicles.

All road class competitors must present their driving license, V5, current road tax and valid MOT on the day.

Club Teams:

Club teams taking part at TOTB can consist of 5 to 10 cars of any make but one make clubs will get 4 extra starting points for the event

Handling circuit drivers are allowed 5 timed runs from 10.30 untill 2.30 then the top 5 in each class will get 2 more runs to find the top two drivers who will then go into the finals for each class there will be awards for the top driver in each class as well as the overall winner and points will be awarded accordingly

The shootouts will take place at 2.45 for the top 5 cars in each class and the final should be at aprox 4.15

Boot Camp: (Saturday practice)
Saturday Boot Camp is open to all fully paid up competitors at NO COST all disciplines are on offer but cars must be noise tested and scrutineerd before going on track for testing or mapping any times set on Saturday will not count for the main TOTB event

Costs:
Entry for the event is: £100 – that includes overnight camping, your practice day on Saturday and the main event on Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a perfect weekend for us as a club to compete and really make a good attempt at trying to grab a few points from the event.
We can also practice all day on Saturday to learn the handling circuit and also get some runs down the drag section.

This is the best offer I have seen from TOTB for the event; allowing us practice on the Saturday is a great way to get your monies worth and also gain valuable practice time for the main event on Sunday.

Also in the evening we can all chill out, get the bbq going, a few beers, make any adjustments and repairs we need to make as a team and be ready for the Sunday.
We can all bring some tools, spares and parts, so that we are all covered and muck in as a team, finally a real Team GTiR.

I’m not arsed who comes, I would like to see some people with track cars, sprint cars to make an effort and come along for the day. Put some times down, show what they can do and also others that just have powerful cars to also attend and fly the GTiR flag.

I’m also going to make some calls to other GTiR owners to see of they will attend and really push to make a full team of 10 GTiR’s for this event.

I’m willing to put a lot of effort into this years event, but I need people to put themselves forwards and do their part.

If you think you can bring something then let me know a.s.a.p!

Last edited:

STU666V

Sounds good to me :)

Will we entry through you or just do it our selfs?

My friend might be up for this too? He does sprints too.

They also change the track a little for the sunday ;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sounds good to me :)

Will we entry through you or just do it our selfs?

My friend might be up for this too? He does sprints too.

They also change the track a little for the sunday ;-)

Not 100% on the entry format just yet Stu, prob's just book it via their website and mark down you are for Team GTiR (if your mate has a GTiR then I'm sure we can have him in, if not then he'd have to see if his make of car have a team?)

Sneaky sneaky on the track, but as long as its not all changed then we are laughing...just about! ;-)

STU666V

Will do Andy,

He is on the rollers tonight.
Stripped out RB with a 3071 turbo etc.

I will see if he will post something on here?

Think he is on the other site?

Cheers