Torque .....Why?

nismoboy

ashills said:
sorry to keep reffering to evo but it was same sort of thing
we ran 1.4 bar and made 410bhp 320ftlb (aprox) at hubs
when we ran 1.8 bar we only upped teh bhp to 438 but torque was near the 400 mark this was because we were at the limits of the turbo but raising the boost bought the torque figures up
the reason u may have seen a bhp decrease is the heat u will generate by raising the boost also needs to be dealt with so if u have a nice big intercooler and waterr injection it helps to keeps things cooler
standard cams are 256 and 10.5 lift i think which are pretty good compared to alot of other stock cams
probably some one come on now and prove all that ive been saying wrong lol but its worked for me so far

standard cams are 248 duration and 10mm lift :D :wink:

SickBoy

So...

so for low down you lookin at 260 ,11.5 lift or would you want lower than 260 ???

Would these go straight in or would you need other mods , vernier pullys etc

Lee

nismoboy

SickBoy said:
So...

so for low down you lookin at 260 ,11.5 lift or would you want lower than 260 ???

Would these go straight in or would you need other mods , vernier pullys etc

Lee
for low down power leave the standard cams in, for midrange power go for 264`s

SickBoy

So apart from putting a wizzier turbo on which there aint really any theres nothing to get me low down torque and get it to 330 ish

Lee

Cris

If you want torque but no more power then tune it however you want but restict the amount of air going into the engine.

Hey presto top end power will be restricted.

SickBoy

I am at top end power there is no need to restrict the air ....the problem is the lack of torque !!!!!!

Lee

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
SickBoy said:
Or my real question is i want 320 ish bhp but 330 lbs torque

Find a ball bearing turbo that has a peak flow capacity of about 39lbs/min at a medium boost level like 1.2 - 1.4bar, yet is still relitavely efficient at 1.8bar...

Good example would be the GT28RS or the HKS GT2530... Run one of those at 1.8bar and by 1.4bar its reached its flow peak to give you the 350bhp but then the extra boost will give you balls more torque without really increasing power...

Rishi

ashills

39lb of air is a to bigger turbo for 330bhp my old bb37 from jgy did 39lb and i was making 400bhp at 1.3 bar
next ull be telling us u can make 700bhp with 2 1/2 inch intercooler pipework and a 3542 LOL :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
ashills said:
39lb of air is a to bigger turbo for 330bhp my old bb37 from jgy did 39lb and i was making 400bhp at 1.3 bar
next ull be telling us u can make 700bhp with 2 1/2 inch intercooler pipework and a 3542 LOL :wink:

Check that again...

JGYBB37 - 44lbs/min
JGYBB37R - 55lbs/min

39lbs/min equates to about 350bhp dude... :wink:

Rishi