Top Mount or Front Mount oil coolers

Keira

personnaly i'd say front mount,

top mount you'll be getting the same problems as a standard intercooler i would've thought, plus theres all that waffle about the scoop being useless under certain speeds :roll: not sure the truth in it. Mines up in the grill behind the intercooler on the cold side at the mo but going to move it to drivers brake duct soon me thinks 8)

M

Mr Overboooost

skiddusmarkus said:
Mine's in the grill but I do worry about a frontend accident and dumping the oil.
i think if you have a front end accident dumping your oil will be the least of your worries :lol:

cheers
gary

coxie

i have 1 16 row cooler mounted behind my drivers brake duct :twisted: ....

or i did do until i started to strip the car down. :roll: :shock:

MarkTurbo

Yeah, dont want it sat on top the engine collecting all that heat :wink:

I'll be mounting mine somewhere in the front bumper or behind the grill. Or wherever i can fit it in after i fit my front mount intercooler :lol:

c20ona

i've got a top mount 13 row mocal and it's never gone above the second bar (temp).mind you, i live in scotland so being cold as phuc possibly helps. :wink:

kenny

A

ard1ey

Is there a proper kit you can get for mounting an oil cooler behind the drivers brake duct? Its something I plan to do when I get my ducts back :D

C

Crazy

Size is upto you, 13 - 16 - 19 rows are fine :wink:

My car uses the 13 row and since fitting it my oil temp never goes above 90 degrees and my engine produces 356bhp and yes I drive it hard 8)

Gary at GTiR spares sells them at very good prices :)

Shaun

ard1ey said:
Is there a proper kit you can get for mounting an oil cooler behind the drivers brake duct? Its something I plan to do when I get my ducts back :D
:wink: Not that i've seen mate,i called a certain tuner up North who wanted £250 just to fit it there :shock: ,thats without the price of the coolerkit :shock: In the end i fit my own 8) Works a treat 8)

A

ard1ey

Cheers Shaun, £250 :shock: it'll be a DIY job then, didn't know if there was a proper kit on offer. To the oil cooler parts catalogue!! :D

Shaun

:D Hi ard1ey,does the oilcooler have to go in the driverside brakeduct :?: Have you been on Duey's website :?: and seen the oilcooler fitted behined the front grill :?: I've fitted 3 there now all with very,very good results 8)