To those of you with aftermarket dump valves.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I still use the original recirculating dump valve fitted to my car, I'm not even slightly concerned that its a bit quiet, thats fine, and it seems to work OK, but........

I was just wondering, those of you that have fitted after-market recirculating dump valves, apart from the new noise were there any other advantages, after it was fitted did you notice it really helped keep the turbo spinning during gear changes or is it all about the noise..

S

P

pschurr

I have an a/m recirc valve. Works a treat, and yeah it has that irritating noise. But I put that in to replace the crapped out old HKS atmo jobbie that was there when I bough the shitbox.

I still say this... if the factory valve was there when I bought the car, it'd still be there now.

peter

SunOnGTiR

Hi Steve, had a HKS SSQV fitted the other week...........
Apart from the ppsssssshhhh!!!!!!!!!
Seemed alittle more responsive after changing gears.

J

J-GTi-R

I went from a standard recirc to a Forge atmos and noticed the momentary 0.5 sec of lag after each gear change went completely and I was very happy with the results.

However I then took that off and put the standard one back on and I immediately noticed more torque off boost and as boost was building up (didn't notice it go missing though).

Nad

Reason I went for an aftermarket one in the first place was because the standard one wont get rid of the pressure fast enough compared to the new uprated one.

Nad

M

memski

Why is it that almost all aftermarket valves are atmospheric? Apart from the Forge one I can't think of any other recirc dv's.

I would use be using the stock one right now but I don't like the idea of it leaking at higher boost.