Throttle body balance nipples.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member

One of mine is split, so I'm hoping it's the reason for my stuttery running tonight around 3000rpm. Will a bit of hose with a bolt in it work as a temporary measure until I can get a replacement?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Cheers.

Can you loop 2 together with a piece of hose or would that cause problems.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Might just try that then as it'll be abit neater and more reliable than abit of hose with a bolt in it.

skiddusmarkus

They're something I've never messed about with on mine.After reading this I'll either loop mine together or do what Nath did above and pipe them to the BOV.

Mr B

Tapped mine & bolted them with a drop of liquid ptfe after loosing one & remaining ones showing signs of age.
New set & spring clamps or some neatly capped pipe with spring clamps would of sufficed, bonding metal caps on the ends with polyurethane adhesive sealant is another easy low cost in situ option ... prefer reversible options myself ...

ollydj

Tapped mine & bolted them with a drop of liquid ptfe after loosing one & remaining ones showing signs of age.
New set & spring clamps or some neatly capped pipe with spring clamps would of sufficed, bonding metal caps on the ends with polyurethane adhesive sealant is another easy low cost in situ option ... prefer reversible options myself ...
Ive done it as a trial and error basis, should run poor when its all back together ive got another set of throttle bodies complete to throw back on her

Mr B

Yeh I just used some m4 6mm socket head screws I had & jobbed it. original rubber caps certainly should be checked & changed or modded as expect at 18+yrs old most will need a fix & if haven't blown off before are very likely to in the near future ...