Threaded bolt hole where engine mount attaches... help

Tim

So i managed to get the divers side engine mount off, but had to go out and decided to re attach it rather than relying on the jack supporting that side of the engine. I got two of the bolts back in, but the third looks as if it's threaded. It goes in so far then gets stuck, and if i shine a torch into the thread i can see fresh metal. This suggests to me that the bolt is trying to cut a new route..

Now being new to this spannering lark, i've no idea how bad this is, or infact how i go about repairing the thread if that's possible.

I was enjoying this taking my car to bits business until now, hahaha!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Godzilla

all 3 are the same mate it might not be aligned properly i did this and had to ahve all slack at same time then do them up a couple turns each till they all bit.

Tim

Nah, def threaded, I even took the mount completely off and still couldn't screw it in!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When I changed that mount I had problems getting the bolts back in. For what looked like such a straight forward 10min job, it wasn't.

Make sure the 2 bolts you have in already are very loose, it should allow you a little movement if needed to get the 3rd in. (same when you put anything in, don't tighten any bolts until all the bolts are in finger tight)

P

pulsarboby

put a new alloy hanger on it, ive pmd you tim
you can collect when you get the wheels or il post it out to you if you need urgently!

and as above dont do any of the 3 bolts up tight untill they all have a good start on the thread!

Tim

I realised the error of my ways as soon as i'd done, in order to learn you must first make mistakes, or whatever it is people say.

So can i just change the part that the 3 bolts bolt into then?

Cheers Bob, just need to confirm the part i actually need and we'll sort it out one way or the other :)