This turbo any good ?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, wanted to know if this turbo is any good.

Never mind the S14 elbow, a friend of mine can make ANYTHING fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453986621

I want a replacement for my standard turbo, but want the new one to be slightly better, with a bit faster spoolup.

will this one suit ?

ps, I know I'll have a problem relocating the waistgate etc, but turning the compressor housing 90 degrees should normally be possible right ?

S

Sirnixalot

The tubine side is smaller than the stock pulsar turbo but the compressor is larger. Its a good turbo but it wont make that much more than the Pulsar turbo. I dont see you being ablt to make more than 350-360bhp on this.....it says the compressor can flow 57lbs of air a minute which equates to around 570bhp BUT the turbine isnt big enough to support that kind of power.

If you want a cheap upgrade just get an S14/15 compressor housing and put it on the Pulsar T-28. You can make 350ish bhp with that combo (stnadard pulsar run out of puff at 330ish bhp)

As you said that the compressor housing is clocked for rwd, you will have to rotate it to fit right in the pulsar, the only problem with this is that you may have to drill and tap one of the actuator bolt bosses in the compressor housing. You will have to keep the actuator in the same place but move the compressor housing.

A

Anonymous

My original turbo is on its way out, so I just need a cheap alternative, and this one looked the business. making a bracket for the actuator won't be a problem, thnx for the info.

A

Anonymous

I just won the auction with 385 us dollars :)

now to find an S14 manifold :)

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
Good price-are they going to let you have it at that?
they better...
that's what ebay is all about.

why the sad faces nicko ? A friend of mine is pure genius with stainless steel. he can do anything you'd want to have done on a turbo.

btw, are the oil lines to the turbo flexible ?

S

Sirnixalot

just hope you know the ebay manifold will crack

and no the oil and water lines arent flexible i have a list of fittings up as a sticky and mike (ex-gtir) also does those lines

A

Anonymous

soz guys, but what I think I read from the other thread :

the ebay manifolds are low quality, will crack and don't fit the R .

the part about not fitting the R, I get that... and that's no problem...

But how would I know (being a newby and all) these are low quality manifolds ???

A

Anonymous

And after looking @ what muppet did with the same kind of setup I was thinking about, (goood job Muppet !) I'd really like to know what is wrong with these manifolds...

soz man, I'm just a dumb dutch bloke !

A

Anonymous

no skiddus, it's a different one, the guys that sold it to me have an ebay webshop and have another 4 of those turbo's for sale.

But I'd really like an answer on the question on the manifold ?

S

Sirnixalot

they are thin walled pipes...they will crack after a while....you get what you pay for, be prepared to change back to the standard manifold.