thermostat housing to the block seal

boost

Hi all,

after finally getting my car road legal i have just got a slight leak between where the thermostat housing to block is..its where that long old bolt goes through the thermostat housing and into the block.

i dont have any copper or fibre washer where the surfaces join and thats where its leaking..

im either going to put a copper washer in there or a decent fibre washer to seal it but i wanted to double check with you guys what should be there from factory or do they seal everything up with that silicone nissan sealent (like how the thermostat cover is)

let me know please.

ive included a picture from the nissan4u website so hopefully you get what i mean.. its bolt 6 in the picture guys

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/el_...rmostat_water_hose_and_piping/illustration_1/

thanks very much

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh? - I don't understand where it's leaking.
From between the block and the thermostat cover?
From the bleed screw?
From around the bolts that hold the thermostat cover on?

"Bolt" is not very descriptive, and I don't think I've got a washer there on mine.

boost

sorry guys all sorted now your never going to beleive it it was the bleed screw( which i never knew these cars had untill i inspected a thermostat cover housing in the garage)

i had left the bolt on the top left loose incase it held a bracket of some description.. which is obviously where the water was dripping from but you have to get low to see it as the dizzy hides it..

what a lemon.. ha ha
all sorted now.. dry as a bone