Tein SS spherical topmount bearing - Diameter in and out?

FPSChris

Anybody have these?
I'm not paying tein £150 each to replace 2 cheap ass £10 bearings.

If not I'll pop it out and measure myself, would just like to order them so I can pop out and press the new one in on the same day rather than wait a week.

Couldn't find any tech details from google.

red reading

That's a new one , never ever had a set fail so god only knows, will tein not give you the dimension of the bearing?

FPSChris

Nope, but they said I can send it to them to be replaced for a small fee :(
I'll just pop them out and post up measurements so if anyone elses fail then can get an engineering shop to replace them or like me, at home with a press. It's not a hard job if you have the means, they'll get a quick powder coat while off too and then up for sale, waaay too hard for me. Need something a little softer for my bumpy roads.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry I can't help with the bearing size either

What spring rates do you have? You might have a set that uses 7kg/mm front and 5kg/mm rear. 4/3 was standard foe some kits. I have a set of 3kg/mm in the garage at home I'd swap for something useful. IIRC new springs from Tein are about £100 a pair.

What damper settings do you have dialed in. Somewhere between 2 and 8 clicks is typical front and rear.

FPSChris

I think they are 7kg on the front but I will double check when off. Not sure what settings are on, got the edfc kit set on pussy mode and they are still too hard.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Nothing wrong with going soft with the damping.

Must just be your springs are too hard for your needs. The standard 4/3 setup is pretty compliant. Just another option before getting rid of it all.