tein coil overs and spring rate

A

Anonymous

hey am getting teins fitted tomorow, that i have and am confused as the instructions are in japanese.
it says FL 400 kg
RL 231 kg
FR 424 kg
RR 236 kg.
now in the box that the main springs came in it has on the outside of the box 85 - 8.0/200 on one box
70 - 7.0/200 on the other box.
ALSO THE HELPER SPRINGS HAVE A DIFFERENT NUMBER ON THEM TOO HOW DO YOU TELL WHICH ONES FOR WHICH???
my question is how do you tell which spring has what ratting and which one is to go on what corner of the car.
(anyone fitted theses and now how to tell them apart???)
as i can see the suspension place telling me to piss off when i hand them jjap instructions.....
HELP PLEASE
THANKS LUKE..

A

Anonymous

ok seems nobody knows anything about this....
well the teins went to get fitted and wouldnt fit....
Problem being that when the kit got to my supplyer it came with upper pillow ball mounts. which i didnt order . he returned the mounts and therefore there were parts missing that would have come if the kit didnt have pillow ball mounts.
(parts missing- front collar - without this the strut top hits the bonnet
and the SP SEAT FOR THE REAR'S TO MATE INTO(looks a lot like the rear pillow ball mount to me...........but should come with the kit standard)
so instead of waiting forever for the parts that should have come with the kit i ordered to get here from japan ive ordered pillow upper ball mounts for the front and rear,(lucky these were still in aus and have got them for $650 all up)
does anyone know if the rear pillow ball mounts are adjustable like the front or are the cusco ones the only adjustable rear ones...???

C

Crazy

I will check my Tein coilovers when I get home to find out if the rear pillow ball mounts are adjustable, I will let you know tommorrow!

A

Anders

Luke,

Call Options Motorsport for help, nr Silversone. They are the principle UK importers of Tein Coilovers and have fitted hundreds of team. Pillowball mounts only usually come with Tein coilovers if they are requested, and from what I remember, they are not "camber" adjustable.

Andy

A

Ash

Luke didn't mention this, but hes from Brisbane in Australia.
Access Auto Engineering in Melbourne are the Australian importers/distributors of Tein.
I'm not sure if this is where you ordered your replacement upper mounts from? but they might be able to help...

If I had to guess, I would say the the rear pillow ball mounts would be adjustable, otherwise they wouldn't be pillow ball mounts?? They would be static fittings like you would get on the fronts if you didn't order upper pillow ball mounts.

A

Anders

I've had 2 sets on Tein (RA model) on MR2 Turbos and the Pillowball mounts were not adjustable. They were centrally fixed ballmounts.

I thought the first requisite of Pillowball mounts was the fact that they eradicated damping by replacing stock rubber mounts with solid mounts. Not all of them are sliding-camber adjustable, some are fixed.

I could be wrong. Tein may provide both?

A

Anonymous

thanks ash, year the bloke who i bought them off rang access who musnt know much about the teins on the gtir cause they recon the sp seat assembly was a standard part already on the car,, as you would know. no it isnt.....
and i just got a copy of the exploded diagrame sent to me and from what i can see the rear pillow ball mounts arnt adjustable just the front, but thats no worry as ive got the whitline camber adjustable bolts for the rears...
(one thing with the gtir kit is it doesnt come with the big rubber boots like other teins do with other cars, and it doesnt come with a height gauge thing either.. i recon were getting dupped...
(AND YES ACCESSAUTO HAD THE PILLOW UPPERS THAT ORIGINALY CAME WITH MY KIT, FROM WHEN THEY WERE SENT BACK TO THEM)
will have the car back monday so some sus testing will be happening to find the best damper settings....