suspension and brakes

gtirtrack

do people think that the wilwood 4 pot kit will be suffiecent for a 400+ bhp pulsar. also i have jic coilovers on the car which r so hard i have no confidence in driving the car hard as it just skips about loads and even takes off over some bumps. can i just find softer springs to fit or will i need new coilovers, if so what do people reccommend. obviously i would prefer to fit softer springs as it will be a lot cheaper lol. 1 other thing is what boost do people think it is safe to run on a 3071 turbo on a fully forged je87mm bottom end. looking for over 400hp. cheers:thumbsup:

rossdj1983

wilwoods should be fine. howver for road use the jic's are way to hard, dunno if its still going but there was a group buy on sets of k-sports

your boost is restricted by your ign. system after 1.4 bar youll have problems unless you uprate it

EVOBAD

gtirtrack said:
do people think that the wilwood 4 pot kit will be suffiecent for a 400+ bhp pulsar. also i have jic coilovers on the car which r so hard i have no confidence in driving the car hard as it just skips about loads and even takes off over some bumps. can i just find softer springs to fit or will i need new coilovers, if so what do people reccommend. obviously i would prefer to fit softer springs as it will be a lot cheaper lol. 1 other thing is what boost do people think it is safe to run on a 3071 turbo on a fully forged je87mm bottom end. looking for over 400hp. cheers:thumbsup:

yes u can get softer springs i had a set of very hard coilovers a few years back ,manged to get them fron demon tweeks at £20 eash ,as for power yes u can run 400bhp as long as u hav z32maf,bigger injectors after market ecu:thumbsup:

gtirtrack

cheers guys, yeah my pulsar has a big spec and has all the parts needed to reach 400+ bhp, just wanted to know what the limit for boost levels were on a forged engine. as more boost = more torque which is more important than power.

EVOBAD

gtirtrack said:
cheers guys, yeah my pulsar has a big spec and has all the parts needed to reach 400+ bhp, just wanted to know what the limit for boost levels were on a forged engine. as more boost = more torque which is more important than power.
so u hav forg pistons cams ,are u also runing forge conrods & bolts if so u can run as much as your turbo will hold thats probly about 2bar ,on my old pulsar i had forge everthing & was using gt30r i set my car as 1.5bar running 406bhp with 343 lbs torgue & running 315 atw didnt go more than that as gearbox was strd:thumbsup:

gtirtrack

conrods r shot peened, have arp bolts throughout also. gearbox is std tho lol. maybe run 1.8bar high boost and 1.5 low boost. gearbox will prob blow up soon tho lol, i been told it aint the gears which r weak but the casing, so even if u have a quaife it will still try spitting the gears out the casing. is ther anythin u can do to solve this.

MarkTurbo

gtirtrack said:
i been told it aint the gears which r weak but the casing
They're both weak :lol: Although with a standard gearset i dont reckon you'd need to worry about the casing going, the teeth will probably fall off the gears before that happens ;-) :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can brace the casing.. Mo Jamal and 00sid both ran TOTB running more than your power goals with no problems at all..

Rishi

Lionel

gtirtrack said:
Yes JIC do sorter spring for these coilovers we can help you with this are we are JIC Dealers :thumbsup: drop me a pm or email and i can help you with them

Lionel.